Ace Combat World Olympics - update Erusea

JCRGraphix

One of my all time favorite video game series is the Ace Combat series. They have a pretty epic story line that takes place on a fictional world very similar to ours, culturally and physically. All of the countries in this world have a well-developed back story and whatnot as well. For this project, I imagined what it would be like if they held the Olympic Games on their planet.

Ace_Combat_Logo_1_a.gif

The sports I selected for these games include:

American Football

Baseball

Basketball

Ice Hockey

Rugby

Soccer

Track & Field

Wrestling

Up first, I chose one of the main superpowers, the Osean Federation (Osea). Osea is based pretty heavily on the U.S. as culturally and militarily. For their design, I tried to go with something simple and efficient that you would expect from a major superpower like the U.S. For more info on the actual Ace Combat nations and their backstories, check out the Ace Combat Wikia

Baseball

baseball_zps538e3fc9.png

Basketball

basketball_zpseb53f7d3.png

Football

football_zpsc562207b.png

Hockey

hockey_zpsbc80b4c0.png

Rugby

rugby_zpsec662a64.png

Soccer

soccer_zps7fd81763.png

Track

track_zps7af4c9ae.png

Wrestling

wrestling_zpsa1b36b18.png

c/c?

Up next is the Union of Yuktobanian Republics. They are based on the former Soviet Union and are one of the major superpowers. All of their characters have Russian sounding names and speak with a Russian accent. For their designs, I tried to emulate the Soviet style. Also, I translated their name into Russian to make it look more realistic.

Baseball

baseball_zps5185468e.png

Basketball

basketball_zps466c6a83.png

Football

football_zps95b93655.png

Hockey

hockey_zpsaee90533.png

Rugby

rugby_zps77d4e000.png

Soccer

soccer_zpse0eec808.png

Track

track_zps5ce9f5e3.png

Wrestling

wrestling_zpsdcd42403.png

Man, wish I'd come up with this idea. Always been a big Ace Combat fan. I like what I'm seeing so far (The Yukes' hockey uniforms a little too close to the real-life USSR, IMO). Curious to see how the other countries not so obviously based on real-life ones turn out.

Also, if Osea is the US (it totally is), then what's ISAF? They always struck me as being rather "American" as well, and Erusia just seemed like an ambiguous "Europeanesque" enemy.

oBIgzrL.png

Up next is the Federal Republic of Erusea. Unlike ISAF, Osea, and Yuktobania, it's not really based on any real world country, just a combination of European ones. All I really had to work with was a flag and Air Force roundel. Since their flag colors are similar to the University of Texas, I based some of their uniforms on some real life UT ones. Also, I added black as an accent color, and actually used it as a main color on the hockey uniforms.

Baseball

baseball_zps5b1d0502.png

Basketball

basketball_zps5a9d9bfc.png

Football

football_zps09e2aac8.png

Hockey

hockey_zps8be82696.png

Rugby

rugby_zps6e64f029.png

Soccer

soccer_zps463df7d3.png