Tennessee State Tiger Rebrand

Greg_Fryman

IMO I have always thought that the TSU logo was the worst logo in all of Division 1 athletics. So I figured why not give it a try and see if I can do better (not sure if I did). I wanted to go with a less detailed version of a tiger because the current looks like clip art. And I wanted to do something different with the "TSU" word mark. Any C&C would be great still got a ways to go with this one.

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

I like it, although it looks more like a mountain lion than a tiger, tree are no noticeable stripes and the white highlights and the highlight on the back ear are unnecessary

EDIT: in fact both ears seem off possibly something to do with the perspective

IMO I have always thought that the TSU logo was the worst logo in all of Division 1 athletics. So I figured why not give it a try and see if I can do better (not sure if I did). I wanted to go with a less detailed version of a tiger because the current looks like clip art. And I wanted to do something different with the "TSU" word mark. Any C&C would be great still got a ways to go with this one.

tsu_zpscd2d89b7.png

Does CJ Know you are using the front end of this?

prowler4.jpg

tsu_zpscd2d89b7.png

Does CJ Know you are using the front end of this?

prowler4.jpg

I did use that logo as well as a couple others as inspiration since this is my first attempt at this style. But thought that I stayed far enough away because the shape detail I added is coming from the photograph that I used. If there is a part in which I may have leaned to heavily on the image above it would have been the whiskers I never meant to try to steal anything or use anyone else's style. If they are too similar for anyones liking I can remove it. Fraser I have tremendous respect for skill and opinion what would you say is crossing the line while using other work as inspiration/help?

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

• 5 months later...

I'm a TSU alumus. I'm very interested to see how you further develop your TSU logo concept... if you plan to continue to develop it. While I disagree that the current logo is the worst in D1 athletics, I do believe it may be time for a logo overhaul. The TSU script however is one that will be hard for our fans to accept as a change because of the tradition of the band spelling out the script at the end of their performances with the crowd singing along. Although the band usually opens the game with an outlined T . Problem with a single T is it is synomonus with Tennessee and Texas.

Archived