Quebec Nordiques Comeback Thread

KyleMakesConcepts

Hello everybody! With the recent rumors going around that Quebec City, either by relocation of the Phoenix Coyotes or by expansion, will have a hockey team next year, I decided to pull out and post a concept that I made for the Nordiques a while back (it was actually part of my "What If?: NHL Style" project, that was a train wreck). I attempted to take pieces from the old Nords logo, and make a logo that would be acceptable in todays NHL. Please leave some C&C! This is not just my thread, though. If you would like to post your Nordiques concepts, go ahead! I plan on making jerseys sooner or later with this logo, but if you would like to make jerseys with the logo, be my guest! I would love to see how some of you think this logo should look on a jersey! All and all, please leave some C&C on my logo, and I can't wait to see what some of you have come up with for the Nords! Thanks for reading!nDFDFDordsconcept_zps7b82bef1.jpg

One does not simply beat the Buffalo Sabres... oh wait.

What I would love to see is concepts and logos that are unique, in other words, a new identity. Something else then a reworked Igloo.

I feel that if Quebec were to get another NHL team, the name would be the Nordiques. It is a classic name, and I've been to Quebec City twice, and walking around in Old Quebec, you'll see how people are still connected to the Nordiques name. There are a couple hockey stores in that area of the city, and they all sell Nordiques things. I think that if they got a team back and named it anything other than the Nordiques, the fans would not be happy (they would be happy they have a team, but not be happy with the name).

Also, this is what this thread is for! If you have another idea for Quebec, then post it here!

Your logo doesn't look bad, but to me it doesn't look like an igloo anymore. To me, that means downgrade... similar idea, but no symbolism.

An idea that occurred to me would be to keep an igloo-looking shape, have it reflected (as if it were on ice) so that it looks like a 'Q'. I'm pretty much artistically retarded, or else I'd try to create it myself.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

What I would love to see is concepts and logos that are unique, in other words, a new identity. Something else then a reworked Igloo.

I feel that if Quebec were to get another NHL team, the name would be the Nordiques. It is a classic name, and I've been to Quebec City twice, and walking around in Old Quebec, you'll see how people are still connected to the Nordiques name. There are a couple hockey stores in that area of the city, and they all sell Nordiques things. I think that if they got a team back and named it anything other than the Nordiques, the fans would not be happy (they would be happy they have a team, but not be happy with the name).

Also, this is what this thread is for! If you have another idea for Quebec, then post it here!

Its a misunderstanding. I am not typing in my langage :-)

I'd like Nordiques logos, but something different then what they had in the past. I made a couple in previous threads long time ago.

But I all fine with watching logos of the same spirit. I don't want to hijack your post but anyway, here's some examples.

6954388428_834f9a8be5_b.jpg

7159578533_d9cc2831d8_b.jpg

Personally, I think the unused logos they were going to use, if they didn't move to Denver, would be a good way to go. It needs major updating as it looks horribly 90s right now. Killing the teal is the first thing that needs to happen. While these are nit-picky details, I think the general concept is a good one.

I did this very quick and dirty, but just tried an update to the unused logo set:

Nordiquesconcept_zps212ac0cf.png

Home Jersey:

Nordiquesconcepthome_zps39dc337e.png

Away Jersey:

Nordiquesconceptaway_zps583bc79a.png

Again, this was just quick and dirty edit by using the new UConn logo and adapting the unused Nordiques logo. I killed the teal in favor of the reds and blues from the original color schemes.

I would just use one of their old road jerseys as a 3rd jersey, like this one:

h0776w7ks2gegw8l4cnj74glp.gif

Its a misunderstanding. I am not typing in my langage :-)

I'd like Nordiques logos, but something different then what they had in the past. I made a couple in previous threads long time ago.

But I all fine with watching logos of the same spirit. I don't want to hijack your post but anyway, here's some examples.

6954388428_834f9a8be5_b.jpg

7159578533_d9cc2831d8_b.jpg

I like the first jerseys you put there, very unique! And you are in no way hijacking this thread, that is what this is for.

Personally, I think the unused logos they were going to use, if they didn't move to Denver, would be a good way to go. It needs major updating as it looks horribly 90s right now. Killing the teal is the first thing that needs to happen. While these are nit-picky details, I think the general concept is a good one.

I did this very quick and dirty, but just tried an update to the unused logo set:

Nordiquesconcept_zps212ac0cf.png

Home Jersey:

Nordiquesconcepthome_zps39dc337e.png

Away Jersey:

Nordiquesconceptaway_zps583bc79a.png

Again, this was just quick and dirty edit by using the new UConn logo and adapting the unused Nordiques logo. I killed the teal in favor of the reds and blues from the original color schemes.

I would just use one of their old road jerseys as a 3rd jersey, like this one:

h0776w7ks2gegw8l4cnj74glp.gif

I was also thinking about making a Nords logo using UConn's new logo. I think it would be cool if when they do come back, they come back with a wolf in their logo. But, if it is in fact an expansion team, and not the relocated Coyotes, I doubt the NHL would let them have a logo so similar to that of Phoenix.

I'm starting on the jerseys later today. I think that I am going to use the logo I previously posted as an alternate, and take a stab at a new primary.

Archived