Contest (Design your own Vikings jersey)

Cellar Dweller

All I was trying to do was let you know that your original way of doing the voting wasn't going to work out well, as people would have gotten more votes the earlier they entered. I wasn't trying to be a jerk or pretentious. I just was trying to help you out.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The rules were put into place because, at one time, there was a glut of contests started without established rules or guidelines.

Sometimes the entries were lifted from other people's concepts.

Sometimes fake account were created to boost the vote counts for certain entries.

Sometimes the whole point of the contest was incredibly unclear, and they were usually started by younger members looking to do what they had to for attention, without following things through.

Sometimes the contests were for actual real-world work, jobs that should provide the winner compensation. There's a huge movement about spec work, trying to have artists do a lot of work for just the possibility of payment. Artists are contractors like any other industry, and their work should be valued as such.

These are the biggest reasons why the rules were put into place. Post count / tenure were important, because it was less likely to have any of the aforementioned issues if the member was a more established and involved member of this board's community.

There really haven't been that many contests going on in the last few months, or even a year. And as long as it has mod approval, since there aren't any going on right now (that I have seen anyway), I don't think it would be an issue with letting this one run as planned.

Give us a few days to discuss it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's not being pretentious. Rules were set to keep things from getting out of hand. No one's doubting your intentions, but its also not fair to waive the rules for just any someone just because they have "good intentions". The rules are there for everybody to follow. I honesty couldn't remember what the rules were i just knew there were some from when others have tried to start contests.

And no, I'm not meta-modding, if anyone's curious.

I need to understand. If there are rules, can you point them out to me? I actually looked around the faq's & and other site info. I'm not seeing them.

I didn't choose to circumvent the forum's policy on contests. It happened because the rules weren't, as far as I can tell, in plain sight. And if I've violated the rules, then why was my thread moved, but not deleted? The moderator, who moved my thread, made no mention of any set of rules, nor did he imply that my thread was in violation of the rules. Why was I not informed that I was breaking them? According to you, I've broken rules (which you don't even know what they are). However, the thread is still open, and I haven't received a single warning. So then, are there rules governing this, or were you just feeling the need to pee in my cornflakes with that smarta$$ remark?

I agreed with "pretentious" because you're comment was ignorant and undeserved. If you had said something like say... "please read the rules regarding contests", this nonsense could have been avoided. I had asked what you meant by that remark, but you chose to ignore me.

Treating people with a little common courtesy goes a long way.

All I was trying to do was let you know that your original way of doing the voting wasn't going to work out well, as people would have gotten more votes the earlier they entered. I wasn't trying to be a jerk or pretentious. I just was trying to help you out.

I appreciate your honesty. In my first post, I pointed out that I was new to this myself. The last thing I wanted was for this to appear rigged. But then again, why would I worry about that? After all, I'm supplying the prize. You came up with a good idea, and I was prepared to follow through. I had no problem with that. Trust me, I would have gone along with just about any intelligent suggestion. I accept constructive criticism.

I'm not the least bit upset because I think I can't do something here. Not by any means.

What really chaps my a$$ is the ignorant, jaded, self-entitled attitudes, that most times, infects a forum. Especially this one. I had been a lurker here for a long time. Perhaps I was lucky enough, back then, to not come across that kind of behavior while reading through the threads. I was under the impression that this forum was different and that I would do well here. Wow! Was I wrong. Common courtesy is like kryptonite in this neck of the woods.

Thanks again for clearing that up.

The rules were put into place because, at one time, there was a glut of contests started without established rules or guidelines.

Sometimes fake account were created to boost the vote counts for certain entries.

Sometimes the whole point of the contest was incredibly unclear, and they were usually started by younger members looking to do what they had to for attention, without following things through.

Sometimes the contests were for actual real-world work, jobs that should provide the winner compensation. There's a huge movement about spec work, trying to have artists do a lot of work for just the possibility of payment. Artists are contractors like any other industry, and their work should be valued as such.

These are the biggest reasons why the rules were put into place. Post count / tenure were important, because it was less likely to have any of the aforementioned issues if the member was a more established and involved member of this board's community.

There really haven't been that many contests going on in the last few months, or even a year. And as long as it has mod approval, since there aren't any going on right now (that I have seen anyway), I don't think it would be an issue with letting this one run as planned.

Slapshot...

Thank you for taking the time to help me understand. As I am new here, I was not aware that previous contests had gone bad. Had I known the rules (which I still can't find), and the sad history of contests here, I would not have even attempted to do this. Believe me, I'm not gonna have a fit if I can't sponsor a contest. If it rubs everyone that raw, I'll move on.

I just thought it would be fun to do. And seeing as how I was funding it and not asking for anything, what harm could it possibly cause? But if you feel that it's not in the best interests of the forum, I will understand.

Slapshot...

Thank you for taking the time to help me understand. As I am new here, I was not aware that previous contests had gone bad. Had I known the rules (which I still can't find), and the sad history of contests here, I would not have even attempted to do this. Believe me, I'm not gonna have a fit if I can't sponsor a contest. If it rubs everyone that raw, I'll move on.

I just thought it would be fun to do. And seeing as how I was funding it and not asking for anything, what harm could it possibly cause? But if you feel that it's not in the best interests of the forum, I will understand.

It's the 4th thread pinned at the top of this forum. http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/35202-the-ccslc-competition-council/

Honestly it's pinned there so long, not sure if the users are active here anymore.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Slapshot...

It's the 4th thread pinned at the top of this forum. http://boards.sports...tition-council/

Honestly it's pinned there so long, not sure if the users are active here anymore.

Golden... Thanks for pointing that out to me. Much appreciated.

I was not aware that the rules governing contests existed in this thread. That thread opened & closed 7 years ago. It's sketchy at best, and located in an area that literally no one would think to look. "The CCSLC Competition Council" sounds like it pertains to a list of people, with titles.

I realize that everyone here has lives and more pressing matters to tend to. But would it be possible to have a formal set of rules constituted in the near future, so that new members don't make the same mistake as I did? Just want to spare the noobs, like myself, the unnecessary aggravation of having to find out for themselves.

Sorry that this contest didn't exactly play out the way you wanted. It showed a lot of promise and you weren't doing anyone any harm but such is the way of this forum these days, I guess. I've also noticed that you haven't exactly received a warm welcome in your time here so I want to apologize on behalf of those who can't help but be jerks.

Welcome to the boards.

On a related note to the topic at hand, to any mods out there who are looking to clarify the issue of contests and their respective rules, what exactly separates one like this one from the Yakball competition that was held not too long ago?

Midway.png

Sorry that this contest didn't exactly play out the way you wanted. It showed a lot of promise and you weren't doing anyone any harm but such is the way of this forum these days, I guess. I've also noticed that you haven't exactly received a warm welcome in your time here so I want to apologize on behalf of those who can't help but be jerks.

Welcome to the boards.

On a related note to the topic at hand, to any mods out there who are looking to clarify the issue of contests and their respective rules, what exactly separates one like this one from the Yakball competition that was held not too long ago?

Thank you. I appreciate you reaching out. Well, I don't know what went on here that some have their panties in a bunch. Yes, I unwittingly broke the rules. I would have gladly followed the guidelines, if I knew they existed. But Golden One pointed me in the right direction. So I think I'm waiting on someone's permission to continue this contest.

Hopefully, the sailing will get a little smoother.

Old concept, but I'll throw it in for your contest (even though I already know everyone on here hates it lol)

ARytXG8.png

TSTP... Thanks for your submission. If you've followed the thread, you probably know that I circumvented the procedures for holding a contest. So, I'm not sure if this contest will be allowed to continue. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am waiting for the Competition Counsel's decision on this matter. So stay tuned.

Archived