Dallas Mavericks Rebrand

UnclearInitial

While the Mavs current uniforms aren't bad by any means, that is a very early 2000's look. I wanted the Mavericks to have a Western look, while paying homage to their previous looks. I kept the current navy, brought back the green and added a sand color to make it more Western. I'm not sure about the logos, especially the primary. In my perfect world they'd have something very similar to FC Dallas, but trying to make a cow logo in Paint I failed spectacularly. I tried to bring back the M-Stetson, but I don't know if that is a suitable NBA primary logo. So I settled on a monogram, but it looked more like a secondary logo than a primary. While messing around with the shape of Texas once I realized that it would fit a shield really well, so, taking inspiriration from the Nets, a shield it was. Is it absolutely dreadful?

For the uniforms, I originally had barbed wire trim, but since Mavericks are supposed to be free spirits, confining them in barbed wire wasn't such a good idea. Taking inspiration from a discarded Bobcats uniform and the original Mavs home look, I went for an asymmetrical three stipes look. From the championship uniforms I kept the off-center number and the star above the NOB. The third is more classical, but it keeps the three stripes.

C&C please

8774466422_425b3cc433_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived