Premier League Concepts

theflakeband

Always nice to see Palace with a sash.

For the Hull City shirt, it would be nice to see us with a striped back — white numbering works fine for us, as the contrast between black and amber stripes and white is great enough for the number to be legible.

On the socks too, rather than HCFC the full name should be HCAFC — we're very particular about our 'A'. ;)

Always nice to see Palace with a sash.

For the Hull City shirt, it would be nice to see us with a striped back — white numbering works fine for us, as the contrast between black and amber stripes and white is great enough for the number to be legible.

On the socks too, rather than HCFC the full name should be HCAFC — we're very particular about our 'A'. ;)

Fixed it up top. I added the stripes to the back, but I'm still not a big fan of it.

HullCityHome_zps1f39e3dd.png

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

Have West Ham & Palace switched suppliers for the upcoming season or have you just changed them for your concepts? I love the West Ham away kit!

West Ham as well as Fulham, and Southampton have switched to Adidas for the upcoming season. Palace has been supplying their own kits, so maybe a move to the Premier League will allow them to have a real kit manufacturer. I figured that Kappa was a big enough brand that would want to stay in the Premier League. Umbro won't exist very soon, so there is no point in having a team wear Umbro.

I believe Palace's kits are made by Avec, but are badged as the club's own.

Yea you're right, but it's still more worthless than making an Umbro kit. It's like when Blackpool wore Cabrini in the Prem, couldn't a better kit supplier have been found for a Premiership side.

Yea you're right, but it's still more worthless than making an Umbro kit. It's like when Blackpool wore Cabrini in the Prem, couldn't a better kit supplier have been found for a Premiership side.
Given that Palace's outfield players wear unbranded shirts, the 'keeper an Avec one and their training wear is emblazoned with the Nike swoosh, I think you're perfectly entitled to put any manufacturer you like on there! ;)

I love all of these. I know you usually (or used to) spend the majority of your time recreating real life kits onto your templates, so it is nice to see some original concept ideas from you.

My favourite aspects:

• Palace away. Very suitable for them and a nice nod to some of their former shirts.
  • Southampton returning to their more traditional style.
  • The bubbles on West Ham away. I don't think that would ever happen on a real shirt but it is a nice concept and is really well executed.

Minor dislikes:

• Southampton home sponsor might be better off in black.
  • I prefer the stripes on the back of the shirt for Hull.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

These are pretty cool...however I do agree with marble, the Southampton home sponsor should be in black. My opinion on the Hull home...the stripes should cut off where the name/number go like Newcastle's home shirt from this past year

The only one I really don't care for is the West Ham away. I love the idea behind it....I just start thinking lava lamp every time I look at the shirt though.

Keep up the good work!

My opinion on the Hull home...the stripes should cut off where the name/number go like Newcastle's home shirt from this past year.
We've had sponsor logos in white reversed out of the stripes in recent years, works quite nice.

And just to echo what everyone else is saying, theflakeband - fine work.

Archived