ABA league court concepts (KK Radnicki added)

OliverP

Hey forum people, how's it going!? My name is Oliver Petrovic and I am a young, up and coming graphical designer. That's what I want to do in my life but I like sports just as much. So I decided to put those two together and do something with my free time. I love basketball and i'm from Croatia. I really don't like courts of Croatian basketball teams.I wanted them to look like NBA courts, which are absolutely awesome and they scream team colors and logos.

Here's my first one. The team is called Cibona, I am certain somebody heard of them. Cibona is a birthplace of the greatest Croatian basketball player Drazen Petrovic. I am very proud to share his last name, the arena share his name as well. Please leave me some constructive criticism and i will keep making these courts for other ABA League teams. Also, if you guys want i will start making concepts for NBA teams. But my priority right now will be making courts for ABA league. Thanks for all the feedback and i hope you enjoy.

CIBONA_zps36e9f864.jpg

VERY clean. Straight forward and stuff. Good for a first concept. Can't wait to see some more with different stained colors.

To put the image not in a link, just hit the polaroid looking icon. The arrow to the left of the smiley face points right to it, just post the URL in the tab that pops up and enjoy!

Thanks raysox for telling me how to post a picture.

Here is a photo of the current court to use as reference.

TShaw528, you are right the #s are retired (#4 Mihovil Nakic, #10 Drazen Petrovic, #11 Andro Knego).

Thank you guys for all the compliments, next on my to do list is kk cedevita, so you can look foward to something new.

0001231622_l_0_alwkoq.jpg

Ok guys here is another court. This one is for KK Cedevita Zagreb. They have changed a lot oh names through their history. There is a lot of teams in Europe that use the name of their biggest sponsor. Cedevita is a company that makes instant drinks and teas. So that's a little background of this team.

Here is a photo of their current court:

cedevita-dvorana.jpg

and here is my concept:

cedevita_zps0b99a880.jpg

Tell me what you think.

Also next court i'll be posting is of the third Croatian team in the ABA league, KK Zadar.

This is a concept court for one of the oldest basketball organizations in Croatia. The team is called KK Zadar, they have achieved a lot, they were even the 6 time champion of Yugoslavia.

Couldn't find any good pictures of the current court, but i found a good video:

It's a year old video but the court is the same trust me i know.

And here is my creation:

zadar_zps11d5efd6.jpg

Next up is KK Split and that will wrap up the Croatian teams in the ABA League. After that i will move on to the Serbian teams. Those teams are Crvena Zvezda (Red Star), Partizan and Radnicki.

The first thing FIBA teams have to do is throw sponsors off the court. Anyway, as a huge Cibona fan someday I will share my own concept. Keep the nice work, man.

Your queen is just a pawn with some fancy moves.

Thanks kodrinsky it really means a lot to get that from you, because I love your court database. Your attention to details is amazing.

You're from Croatia? Beautiful country. Anyway, as a very young kid my TV want me to grow as a Real Madrid supporter, but I fell in love with Mirko Novosel's kids: Aza, Drazen, Andro Knego, Mihovil Nakic, Zoran Cutura, Franjo Arapovic, Danko Cvjeticanin... and I will be a Vukovi forever.

Thanks kodrinsky it really means a lot to get that from you, because I love your court database. Your attention to details is amazing.

You're from Croatia? Beautiful country. Anyway, as a very young kid my TV want me to grow as a Real Madrid supporter, but I fell in love with Mirko Novosel's kids: Aza, Drazen, Andro Knego, Mihovil Nakic, Zoran Cutura, Franjo Arapovic, Danko Cvjeticanin... and I will be a Vukovi forever.

Yes I am! Jednom Vuk, uvijek Vuk! (transl. Once a Vukovi, always a Vukovi!)

Yes I am! Jednom Vuk, uvijek Vuk! (transl. Once a Vukovi, always a Vukovi!)

By the way, If you wanna get the official font that KK Cibona uses:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/4thfebruary/kylie-4f/

Ok guys here is the court for KK Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) Beograd. Crvena Zvezda created players like Predrag Stojakovic and Vladimir Radmanovic. They are one of two great big teams from Beograd, the other one being KK Partizan whose court is coming up next.

Current court:

zvezda-orlean-1352323775-227734.jpg

My concept:

zvezda_zps55267c5b.jpg

This is a concept for KK Partizan. On this one I decided not to put any sponsors on the court to make it look more NBA-ish.

Here is the real one:

33527_bgd-arena-evroliga-partizan_f.jpg?ver=1317060507

I really don't know why are some of these teams using colors that don't have anything to do with the franchise.

Anyway here is the concept:

partizan_zps7c571e5e.jpg

Please tell me what you think, next is KK Radnicki.

Archived