What if... the North Stars came back?

illwauk

I know there's probably a better chance of me becoming a Bears fan than there is of the Minnesota Wild ever reviving the North Stars name. But even a full two decades after the fact, I still haven't been able to give my NHL allegiance to another team. Of course, two years ago at this time, it seemed just as unlikely that we'd ever see the Charlotte Hornets again, so never say never, I guess.

I replaced the black that the team started using towards the end of the 80s with a darker green (Hawaii green to be exact) and gave the classic North Stars logo a 21st century update. I also kept the Wild's crest as a shoulder patch because even though the overall identity is crap, their logo is all kinds of awesome sauce.

Whatchuthink? :D

northstars_home_zps9efe7491.png

northstars_road_zpsf07ddfaa.png

Overall its distinctive and interesting. Sadly (for you) the Dallas Stars are about as likely to give up the North Stars name as the Dodgers would be willing to let a Brooklyn expansion team reclaim theirs.

The star should be "italicized" along with the N; otherwise these would look sweet. (Speaking of the N, it looks kinda like the N in the NHL logo, which is a nice touch in itself.)

CCSLC signature.png

after seeing this on my laptop, as opposed to my phone, i really think the outline of the wild logo would have to be white.

otherwise you turn his mouth/river into yellow... yellow rivers are gross.

Archived