National Ultimate League (Frisbee Football)

TShaw528

I'm working on a new concept league for frisbee football. I'll try and make this follow a realistic progression year to year, as in after I create the first batch of teams the next season starts, and some teams may fold/change uniforms while others are created.

Here is the logo:

4Wg04W4.png

For the 2012 season, the league has 9 teams in the North-Eastern US.

North Division

Boston Minutemen (On Page 1)

New York Knights

Hartford Hooks

East Division

Philadelphia Pharaohs (Originally Phoenix)

Lehigh Valley Dinosaurs

Washington Monuments

Central Division

Buffalo Polar Bears

Pittsburgh Parrots

State College Roar (On Page 1)

Each team plays 20 games, facing each of their division members four times and all other teams twice.

Rules of the sport:

-7 on 7 games

-4 12 minute quarters with a 15 minute halftime

-Played on a football field

-The frisbee is thrown off to the other team after scores/at the start of each half

-You may only take 3 steps with the frisbee after catching it, any more results in the other team getting the disc

-The player with the disc must pass it within 8 seconds of catching it

-If you walk with the frisbee into the endzonel, your team gets 2 points. If you catch the frisbee in the endzone, your team gets 3 points.

-If the frisbee hits the ground or is intercepted, the other team gets the ball

-Penalties (Like unnecessary roughness and such) are either punished by a turnover or the player who committed the infraction is sent to the penalty box

First team (State College Roar) will be up later today.

So I concede I'm ripping of Penn State a lot with this, but as the game is often played by college kids I think it would help out the league.

The logo:

zN1oGgJ.png

Main Uniform:

4E5MuJ0.png

Second Uniform:

nrWcKTB.png

Whenever possible, teams will wear their main kits, so many matches will be color on color. Each team aslo has their own unique frisbees used at their home games.

I forgot to add it on the uniform (I'll throw it on after I make some changes to the kit) but this is the NUL logo recolored for the Roar.

LJ2fZiy.png

C&C will be much appreciated!

Can't call a team in America the Phoenix imo because of the city.

Good point. I was originally going to go with the Philadelphia Pharaohs (, but thought it sounded a bit too much like Faries. Do you guys think that name would work anyways, or should I come up with something new?

Either way, I'll have the next team up tomorrow

Wisconsin-Green Bay Phoenix? http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/35/891/full/t73vzch64n5fanniemu04ei3v.png

I love Ultimate Frisbee! Played it a few times and even officiated it once for my local Youth Group. But if your gonna go with different name for Philly, why not the Firebirds? That way you can keep the same theme.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Wisconsin-Green Bay Phoenix? http://content.sport...niemu04ei3v.png

I love Ultimate Frisbee! Played it a few times and even officiated it once for my local Youth Group. But if your gonna go with different name for Philly, why not the Firebirds? That way you can keep the same theme.

I might go with something like that (However I haven't started their uniforms yet so I can still change the name freely) though I liked having the double Ph.

Good point. I was originally going to go with the Philadelphia Pharaohs (, but thought it sounded a bit too much like Faries. Do you guys think that name would work anyways, or should I come up with something new?

Either way, I'll have the next team up tomorrow

Don't worry about the sound...the Philadelphia Pharaohs would have a SICK identity ;)

bYhYmxh.png

What do you guys think of something like this for the Pharaohs? It'd have to get cleaned up a bit, I was just playing around with ideas and wasn't sure if it was too out there.

i4lBLls.png

It's based off of the pattern on the sarcophagus.

The Boston Minutemen:

It's a bit out there, but I like it. Might be better as a one time special uniform though as opposed to an every game one.

oZEuPiW.png

This is just their main uniform, I'll get the other colors of it up later.

C&C please!

I'm sorry but I completely disagree with thepjguy. The white pixels on the edge of the logo kill the look. I understand if paint is all you have, I've been there, but try using pen/pencil and paper to make your concepts. I made the switch and I think a pencil and paper can go along way. I'm not saying you should do what I did, but it might help.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm sorry but I completely disagree with thepjguy. The white pixels on the edge of the logo kill the look. I understand if paint is all you have, I've been there, but try using pen/pencil and paper to make your concepts. I made the switch and I think a pencil and paper can go along way. I'm not saying you should do what I did, but it might help.

I appreciate the honesty. I'm working on removing the white pixels. Unfortunately, pencil and paper wouldn't work because I have literally zero ability to draw. Any other C&C for the uniform?

Are there any free drawing programs that are VERY simple (Like Paint) out there that have a few more options/better capabilities? I enjoy the straightforward and easy interface of Paint, but hate how few options you have.

To be honest your template is pretty bad and way out of proportion, maybe try using raysox' yakball template. For the roar I would center the script inside the s, on the unis I would lose state college part of the wordmark. For Boston the head isn't too bad but try doing your own and the number font doesn't fit

To be honest your template is pretty bad and way out of proportion, maybe try using raysox' yakball template. For the roar I would center the script inside the s, on the unis I would lose state college part of the wordmark. For Boston the head isn't too bad but try doing your own and the number font doesn't fit

I see what you mean about the template. I think it's intended that the shirt gets tucked in, but I screwed that up with Boston. I'm not a fan of the Yakball template for this (I'd prefer short sleeves) but I'll try and find or make a better one.

What type of font do you think would work better? I like the current one, though it could do without the bevel.

Archived