KJP's NHL - 4 New Teams added (10/12)

kevinjohnpost

Been making a lot of NHL Hockey concepts lately so I thought I would post some here to get some criticism. I try to be original but some teams should never change. If they stink really bad, tell me. Feel free to tell me straight up. Thanks!

New Jersey Devils

e029ax.jpg

Phoenix/Arizona Coyotes

15wgple.jpg

I like both.

The full-body Coyote logo is great and I like how you've made the overall uniform a bit more active without going overboard. My only two issues are 1) Front numbers (just not my cup of tea) and 2) the trim reminds me of (current or former?) U of Denver uniforms, but there won't be too many people picking up on that).

Look at the message under my avatar and you'll know what I like about your New Jersey set. Not much negative to say. The closest thing I have here to a complaint is the collar on the road jersey...I would like it better if it was green/red/green (only 2-color, like the home jersey)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like both.

The full-body Coyote logo is great and I like how you've made the overall uniform a bit more active without going overboard. My only two issues are 1) Front numbers (just not my cup of tea) and 2) the trim reminds me of (current or former?) U of Denver uniforms, but there won't be too many people picking up on that).

Look at the message under my avatar and you'll know what I like about your New Jersey set. Not much negative to say. The closest thing I have here to a complaint is the collar on the road jersey...I would like it better if it was green/red/green (only 2-color, like the home jersey)

I agree with the front numbers. Most of the time they can make a sweater look cluttered. I only added them because without them, the smaller hem and sleeve stripes and the logo made the front very empty looking.

As for the collar, I 100% agree. Green/red/green looks great.

wm0cco.jpg

• 1 month later...

St. Louis - A : An almost perfect set for St. Louis, classy subdued and not a hint of red :). Only improvement I think would be to make the helmet navy to balance the whole thing out.

Minnesota - B- : Nice idea, but needs work. The green sweater needs some white spacing between it and the red part to make it not so dark and the thin stripe between the two larger ones doesn't really work that well. It could be really good though.

Pittsburgh - B+ :Home is perfect, I might be on the fence about which version of gold/yellow is better for the Pens, but you really need to flip the gold/black on the road for it to work for me.

Toronto - B+ : Technically perfect set, but it's really not deserving of an A because it's basically what everyone agrees the Leafs should be wearing. :rolleyes: Good work though.

You definitely have some great stuff here!

Yotes- Epic. The striping looks great, the full body Yote really stands out, just give me a black alternate. A-

Jersey- The red and green look great, but I'd miss the black. Can we see what that would look like? C+

St.Louis- Just place the trim from the pre-edge unis on the yokes and you got yourself what the Blues need desperately. A

Wild- NO WHEAT?!?Okay, but seriously, the striping needs a bit of a update. B-

Pittsburgh- What Torin said about the road needs to be done. B+

Leafs- YES. Just YES. A+++

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Great work, lots of clean, good looking sets here.

Devils: I do prefer the black and red devils, but you've made the green work. Solid design. 9/10

Coyotes: Not a fan of the logo or front numbers even though they balance each other out... but the striping you given it works well. The road seems like the shoulder area could do with a yoke just to balance the white and red a little better in my opinion. Otherwise quite good. 8/10

Blues: Really like this set. The use of the old secondary, the balance of the colors and stripes... This really is what the blues should be wearing! Only improvement I could see would be to have a bit of striping on the bottom of the yokes like in some of their previous jerseys, would just tie it together a little better... maybe a navy helmet instead as well? Not sure if necessary. 9.5/10

Wild: I prefer the striping they currently have on their aways. I feel like that striping might work a little better on your home and away set... I feel like the red yoke on this one is a little too much. Removing the yoke for the home, but keeping it for the away might be similar to their current set, but imo the more the green in the Wild jerseys can stand out, the better. The balance of colors and striping as is, just isn't working for me. 6.5/10

Penguins: Good set, but as others have mentioned the road whites need to have the gold and black switched. 8.5/10

Leafs: Nothing really wows me with this set, but it looks good. 8/10

...nice work here, look forward to seeing more. :D

Archived