Opinions on logo concept?

JGCleveland

Im in a graphics program at my high school and I was given a job today. I am supposed to create a new logo for this Career Tech Academy in my area. The only instruction I had was to keep the same basic layout/shape of the logo so it had a similar feel, but I can go with anything I wish as far as anything else goes.

This is there current logo:

201131518254945_image.jpg

This is what I have so far:

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9306/su2o.png

(four stars represent 4 participating High Schools)

I took a lot of inspiration from sports logos and more specifically Conference logos. The colors are borrowed from the Big Sky Conference logo. Note that these are not the colors I plan on keeping for the long run, but are only serving as a place holder until I can get some feedback on what would look best. I am open to anything that anybody has to offer. I want to make this logo something great, so let me know what you think.

-Thanks!

I would say to make the SSCA the same color. Maybe try making(let's just say) the SSCA light blue and the word on the bottom white, or vice versa. It looks really good and it will probably get better if you keep working hard at it. just for curiosity, what colors were you thinking on for the logo?

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Im in a graphics program at my high school and I was given a job today. I am supposed to create a new logo for this Career Tech Academy in my area. The only instruction I had was to keep the same basic layout/shape of the logo so it had a similar feel, but I can go with anything I wish as far as anything else goes.

I took a lot of inspiration from sports logos and more specifically Conference logos. The colors are borrowed from the Big Sky Conference logo. Note that these are not the colors I plan on keeping for the long run, but are only serving as a place holder until I can get some feedback on what would look best. I am open to anything that anybody has to offer. I want to make this logo something great, so let me know what you think.

-Thanks!

If you don't like my idea it's understandable, but I had an idea for your logo. What if you took the primary color of all 4 high schools participating and made those schools primaries the color of each individual star?

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

-Thanks!

If you don't like my idea it's understandable, but I had an idea for your logo. What if you took the primary color of all 4 high schools participating and made those schools primaries the color of each individual star?

That's a nice idea!

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

-Thanks!

That's a nice idea!

Agreed. What you have so far is a very good start, but I really like the star idea.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

su2o.png

there really needs to be a thread on how to post pictures

Clearly I know how, considering I posted the original logo in my first post, Im just posting from my phone and figured that most people can figure out how to click a link.

-- Anyways

I've thought about adding all 4 schools colors in multiple ways, including the stars, but theyre too contrasting and flat out ugly together. Any thoughts on what the main colors should be? I tend to struggle with finding 2 colors that work well together.

Archived