NBA Draft

Brass

I'm not even jumping on a bandwagon here. I never had an NBA team before this, so it's not like I'm abandoning my old team in favor of a new one. And it's DEFINITELY not because of their logo, that's for sure. This is an opportunity to become a fan of a new team at the ground level. They have no history at all, so I would like to be with them for the ride from day one. And besides that, I'm very happy that we got Emeka Okafor. He will definitely help this team grow.

It just amazes me how many people are adopting the Bobcats are their #1 or #2 team. In high school I used to have this friend who would just like teams because they had this design or this logo and I just thought it was the lamest thing, this kind of reminds me of him. But if you choose to be a Bobcats fan then so be it. We'll see where you are in 5 years.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Gentleman, gentleman, gentleman... Emeka Okafor is an amazing athlete. And as a UConn fan, I couldn't be prouder of Okafor and Ben Gordon.

While Okafor was, without a doubt, the best player in the draft -- do you really expect the Orlando Magic to turn down a player that has Kevin Garnett-like upside? Dwight Howard will be an NBA Superstar. Howard, will be able to play Center, Power Forward, or Small Forward. He's going to be an amazing athlete, and some expect him to be better than Okafor in a few years. And that's being said as a die-hard UConn fan.

I would like the Bobcats -- but I don't like where they have chosen to go with their franchise. First off, they got absolutely NOBODY in that expansion draft. They'll probably be lucky to win 15 games. Second, Bernie Bickerstaff and Dan Issel at GM were the downfall of the Denver Nuggets. After playoff years, and looking like they could be the start of a veyr good franchise -- they let Dikembe Mutombo go for nothing and eventually signed Tarik Abdul-Wahad to a $40 million contract. So Bickerstaff's association with the Bobcats really worries me about their future.

I like the direction the Bulls are going, so they're my favorite Eastern Conference team. They just need a coach who's not such a hard ass.

IUe6Hvh.png

Just reflecting on the NBA draft, does anyone think its more likely now that the Magic might make a move to try and get Shaq back to Orlando? Lots of young talent needing experienced leadership, didn't pick a center with the number 1 pick etc. Not sure what Orlando can give up for Shaq now, particularly if the T Mac to Houston deal goes through, but what does anyone else think?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived