The Continental Gridiron Alliance - All-Original Alternate Universe Concept League (Denver Drillers and Toronto Tops added)

Crash

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVELY!!! PERFECT! Love the jerseys! Logo still could have minor modifications still, but great work!

Which logo and what do you suggest?

Actually, logos are growing on me. But I would put the wordmark on the helmets instead. The logo doesn't seem to work on the helmets. It seems too tall and not wide enough.

Actually, logos are growing on me. But I would put the wordmark on the helmets instead. The logo doesn't seem to work on the helmets. It seems too tall and not wide enough.

The primary is definitely a bit tall for a helmet logo, and in order to be of sufficient coverage, it would very nearly touch the stripe, but I think it works due to the color contrast. It's slightly taller than the Colts or Saints, but it can be bigger because of what it is, and the dark and bright combo makes it really apparent on the gold helmet. That's the thought process, anyway.

Logo seems like a cartoon, no?

I'm not sure what you mean or even which logo you mean.

Amazing

Thanks!

That mole is going to haunt my dreams until eternity. Good concept, by the way

The mole was kind of an accident. The original plan was to have the drill-drop turned on its side, drilling out through a D. That didn't work, but when I turned the drill-drop over, I noticed it looked vaguely like a mole's head and an idea was born. Glad you like it.

Bad, IMO...I know this is fantasy, but I still think the logos should look NFLish so to speak.

You've given zero reasoning or example or explanation. I'm all for constructive criticism, but I'm going to go ahead and stop engaging with you now.

Anyone else?

Sorry I hurt your feelings....I was trying to be respectful. I just don't think there is an "edge" to this logo. He seems bulky for the helmet and looks more like clip art. I think it is a fine looking logo, I just don't see it being a football logo.

You didn't hurt my feelings.

I think you may be noticing that there's not a whole lot of motion implied by the primary logo when you speak of "edge." It doesn't appear to be moving much. Of course, implied movement isn't a requisite for a successful logo, but certain tastes will definitely tend toward logos like the Broncos or Buccaneers and away from ones like the Panthers or Raiders (or the one in your icon/signature) that seem to stay still. In fact, my tastes run toward movement, as well. In this logo, I attempted to make a "moving" oil drop, but it stopped looking like a drop at that point. Now, if you're talking about the mole logo, he's not meant for the helmet. At most, he'd probably be a shoulder patch, but mostly he is for merchandising purposes.

This one is early. It's scheduled to be the seventh, rather than the second. However, since it's my team, I put it together while waiting for the other owners.

I present to you the second design of the league:

The Toronto Tops

cfatotaltemplate-Tor.png

Click to zoom.

C&C welcome. I pieced together these templates from various sources and can't remember where I got them all. The photo templates at the bottom are by Fraser Davidson. If someone recognizes the others, please let me know so that I can credit them.

Archived