UHL Expansion

BrooklynTrblmkr

UHLCrest_zpsafe3d241.png

A few days ago I started a thread about an alternate universe fantasy hockey league. (http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/97103-uhl-an-alternate-fantasy-hockey-league/) Over the course of 2 days the league has established the 8 founding members:

1. Billings Pronghorns

2. Brooklyn Wolves

3. Cedar Rapid Reds

4. Halifax Highlanders

5. Hartford Whalers

6. North Carolina Zips

7. Pittsburgh Keystones

8. San Jose Stingrays

Now we are looking to expand by 8 teams. See the previous thread for how the league will work. Each member will choose a region on a first come first serve basis.

The regions will be as follows:

1. QUEBEC ATLANTIC - Quebec, Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island

2. NORTH - Ontario, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Western Pennsylvania, Northern New York

3. NEW ENGLAND - Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Conecticut

4. ATLANTIC - Southern New York, New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Washington, DC

5. SOUTH - Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, N. & S. Carolina, Florida

6. CENTRAL - Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma

7. MOUNTAIN - Alberta, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada

8. PACIFIC - British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, California

League website: http://uhlfhl.webs.com/

Brooklyn_zps7f6a94db.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now any player who played around the time of the 2004-05 Lost Season and anyone who was drafted then have been claimed by teams. There is a thread on the site explaining it more and you can see how teams have been going about it... There will be an actual draft prior to the 2014-15 season.

Brooklyn_zps7f6a94db.jpg

I'll get in on this. I've always wanted to get in on a league like this, but after years of lurking I've just started to feel comfortable enough to get involved. I'd like to claim the Québec/Atlantic region.

It's yours! Head over to the league site and sign up! Any questions, feel free to ask.

Brooklyn_zps7f6a94db.jpg

heres the fort wayne frost 's history

Founded in 2001 by Trevor Lyman ( a successful Business man and a long time hockey fan) , as the Indianapolis Indians, the team entered the ECHL and got off to a great start by winning the Kelly Cup. but because of copyright problems with the minor league baseball team of the same name they were forced to move cities and combined with the Evansville IceMen to form the Fort Wayne IceMen. The Fort Wayne IceMen would go one to win the Kelly Cup for the next 3 years. Unhappy with playing in the ECHL, Lyman heard about the up and coming UHL expansions from his long time friend Michael Vaughn, and decide to move his team to the UHL. Growing up in fort wayne he decided to kept the city but change the name. Fresh out of good ideas he asked the state of Indiana to choose. the overwhelming choice was the Fort Wayne Frost.
About the Team
ECHL Kelly cup winners: 2001-2002 2002-2003 2003-2004
Team colors: Black , Blue, White

Archived