[Soccer Concept] Here comes the minor teams - SC North Little Rock, Bentonville SC (Arkansas) & Sydney Steelers (Nova Scotia)

Fullarmor

I'd say the latter is the best. Yea I could Try to make one if you need it. The name I'm thinking of is Lamp I guess? lol, like a Genie's Lamp, Gravy Boat, whatever it is...
Either way, it may actually be better placed above the Maple leaf in the logo, having the leaf shrunk a bit itself. Lol I'm getting too personal with it, I may just make my own!! haha

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Mesa. I'd put a gold border around Scottsdale These are very fitting for minor teams.

Suggestions:

Overland Park, Kansas

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania (something other than Bethlehem Steel)

Schaumburg, Illinois

Spokane, Washington

Savannah, Georgia

Gulf Coast, Mississippi

Panama City, Florida

Asheville, North Carolina

Syracuse, New York

and if you feel like going into Canada, I have a few neighbourhoods in Toronto that could be used:

East York, Rouge Valley, Forest Hill, Etobicoke, Don Valley.

Sudbury, Ontario

Oshawa, Ontario

Markham, Ontario

Newmarket, Ontario

Laval, Quebec

Chicoutimi, Quebec

Rimouski, Quebec

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Lol, there's a good list for you. Do what you want with it :P

Alright Shaumburg!

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

Forest Hill is a Toronto's swell neighbourhood which has some famous residents. That explains the nicknames (it means 'higher" in latin), also wore by two Belgian soccer teams; Royal Excelsior Virton, the defunct Royal Excelsior Mouscron and a dutch soccer team: SBV Excelsior Rotterdam.
The stars reinforce the idea of "higher".

1393087100-11.png

1401793756-espn-soccer-league-1.png

That's actually the colours I would expect them to be despite the green name.

Yes I do live in East York lol

and Yea Schaumburg has a nice seal. When I made a concept for them, I basically just used the seal because I liked it way too much :P

Don Valley would be Green because it is actually a valley. Maybe some small boats could be used. They were used for transporting goods downt he Don River to Lake Ontario. There is also the Don Valley Brick Works. There are a few ideas your could work around as it is still in tact today despite being inside the city.
422px-EvergreenBrickworks_from_hilltop_w

As for the Rouge, I don't know much history of it but I know they have a soccer club called West Rouge Storm. They have a nice Teal colour scheme but the logo is terrible. I would keep the Teal with Hoops as a filler. The rest I guess would be up to your own imagination.
WRS-black%20and%20green.jpg

Great, I have an idea for Don Valley, hope you'll like it.

And it's fun, I would have imagined that West Rouge Storm used red for their identity (Rouge means Red, in french). Do you think that I should retake the name Storm or go on a European name for this one?

EDIT: Also, I just realised, I wanted the Etobicoke's team to be called Rangers (similar to the Glasgow's Club, in reference of the Toronto's American Regiment), but given that the location is in the territory of Old Toronto, wouldn't it be better to use the name Old Toronto Rangers, instead of Etobicoke Rangers?
In this case, Etobicoke'll of course take another identity.

As I said in the intro, I want to develop minor teams in cities/districts, which are also minors. And we can't really say that New Orleans is minor, I've already seen a lot of these concepts on this site. But what about a district, or something like that, part of NO like Gert Town, Audubon or Holly Grove? (I really don't know, these are just the names I see at the moment on Google map)

For Cajun Country, it seems to be a too big territory, I'd like the city that houses the club to be present in the name (also, they already have Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns in Lafayette, I find that the name's too close, don't you think?).

My goal in this series is also to strengthen a sense of belonging (a fantasy sense of belonging, but still a sense of belonging), to be proud to be part of a city, a neighborhood, even if it is not the largest, best known or most beautiful.
Well, just like in Europe, where you can see teams like Chelsea, West Ham, Everton, Tottenham.

EDIT: Also, yes, it means that my goal is not to create teams like SC Vermont, Montana Rovers or New England United, maybe I should have specified that at the beginning...

A X-shape for a X-town.
I kept the logo's symbol and add the Greens as their nickames because... Well, their county is Greene and they also use green in their town's logo.

1393167055-12.png

Here's Girdwood, first known has Glacier City, that explains the cold colors.
And Miners, well, because it was founded as a supply camp for placer gold miners.
As simply as that.

1393167057-13.png

I tried to match the colors of the city with those of the team.
Also, apart from the Montgomery's one wich is missed, I did not have a round logo. That's now done.

1393193765-14.png

Come on United.
We can see the maple leaf and the English's flag, that explains the nickname.

1393193766-18.png

Well three logos at once this because, because two of them are very close from the original.

Let's start with Sudbury, I kept the colors and added a moose, animal which appears on the coat of arms of the city.
1393253952-19.png

Like 1clkgtramg, well, the original seal already pleases me, so I just add a circle around the logo and obscured the colors.

1393253953-20.png

Here again, I already like the logo, so no big change.

1393253954-17.png

​Well, that was not the more interesting message on this thread, but as I had anyway made ​​these logos for my Football Manager's fantasy update, I decided to propose them to you here, after all.

BRO!!! I told you they would become amazing!!! Holy crap! I used the same colours for OP, I just love their colours. Schaumburg is almost identical, Sudbury is the same but I used a Fleur-de-Lis because of the French heritage, Markhams works well too!! Damn!!

I like the Girdwood and Xenia too! I would maybe make the gold in the X a little brighter so it doesn't blend too much, but these are fantastic! I almost want to make jerseys for them! Great job.

Also, for Sudbury, it is almost never referred to Greater Sudbury. I know it is legally now called Greater because it includes the outside region rather than just the city proper, but everyone refers to it as just Sudbury. I would remove the Greater part and move the lettering up. Then make the trees larger because I would imagine it would be a pain to stitch into a logo.. :P

Glad that you like it!

And for Sudbury, yeah, at first there was no Greater... But it remained empty space and it was bad when I tried to fill it in other ways.
The Greather was the best method I've found...

Also, you haven't answered my questions;
- Do you think that I should retake the name Storm or go on a European name for this one (Don Valley)?
-
I wanted the Etobicoke's team to be called Rangers (similar to the Glasgow's Club, in reference of the Toronto's American Regiment), but given that the location is in the territory of Old Toronto, wouldn't it be better to use the name Old Toronto Rangers, instead of Etobicoke Rangers?

Lastly, do not hesitate to propose me other teams, I would like to arrive, at the final, at twenty Ontarian's clubs!
(And no problem if you want to make jerseys !)

And here's Xenia's update.
1393276090-12.png

Also, you haven't answered my questions;
- Do you think that I should retake the name Storm or go on a European name for this one (Don Valley)?
-
I wanted the Etobicoke's team to be called Rangers (similar to the Glasgow's Club, in reference of the Toronto's American Regiment), but given that the location is in the territory of Old Toronto, wouldn't it be better to use the name Old Toronto Rangers, instead of Etobicoke Rangers
?

Haha Sorry, I completely forgot.
West Hill Storm SC can stay as the name as it's established. Much like LA Galaxy, it's too late to change it.
Old Toronto Rangers FC would work perfect (that was what I was thinking, that or Mimico for a unique sounding name)
Etobicoke is pretty large anyway so having one team in the south and one in Rexdale would be acceptable

Don Valley looks great, I already have the jerseys in my head, a green hooped home and brick red clash - something simple obviously as its minor teams. haha.
Xenia is prefect now.
For Aurora, it may be nicer if the top part of the shield was missing. Make the top end in the sun thingy. It would make the logo very uniquely shaped.

Archived