[Soccer Concept] Here comes the minor teams - SC North Little Rock, Bentonville SC (Arkansas) & Sydney Steelers (Nova Scotia)

Fullarmor

Hello everybody, that's a pleasure to see you on this thread. My thread.
First, put you at your ease and take beer (or a diet coke).

Cool dude, thanks for the drink, but what will I find here?
Mainly logos.
Logos from fantasy minor soccer teams.

Minor ? Why ? Does that mean that I will not see "New York Reds", "Sporting Los Angeles", "Miami Athletic" or other stuff like that?
Sadly or not, yes, you're pretty close from the truth.
The big reason is that I'm just a newbie in that - strange but comfortable - design world. So, there's a loooooooooooot of people better than me on this forum. And these designers already do a great job with the big teams (even if there is sometimes just fantasy ones), I can't compete.
So, my idea is to start with towns who don't have any (well known) soccer teams.
Did you catch what I say?

Meh, a novice, I leave.
No, please, stay a bit longer!
You fool, don't you want to see the great - but not so great - teams from the fourth tier of Alaska, Idaho or Montana!?

(...)
*cough cough*
Well, also, I'm a big Football Manager fans, so the logos that I'll create will maybe be incorporate in a fantasy update. I totally do that for my own fun.
Also (for the second time), the teams will come from the entire USA (and maybe Canada), so no problem, you will also see teams from California or New York, but there's a greater chance to see El Monte than San Francisco, as an example.

Thank you for reading and don't hesitate to suggest me teams/cities/districts/others!

Alabama
Mobile Union
Montgomery Stars

Alaska
Dynamo Klatt
Girdwood Miners
Juneau Capital City

Arizona
Avondale Soccer Club (soon)
Flagstaff Arizonians (soon)
Mesa Arids
Scottsdale Cowboys
Tempe Suns

Arkansas

Bentonville Soccer Club
Jonesboro Arckies (soon)
Sport Club North Little Rock
Springdale Red Star (soon)

British Columbia
Kelowna Young Boys (soon)
Racing Kamloops (soon)

Florida
Panama City Reds

Georgia
Buford Soccer Club (soon)
Decatur Georgians (soon)
Macon Rovers (soon)

Illinois
Athletic Soccer Club Schaumburg
Sporting Aurora

Kansas
Baxter Springs 66ers (soon)
Overland Park Soccer Club

Louisiana
Bywater Sport Association (soon)
Mid-City Orléanais (soon)
Lakeview Olympic (soon)

Mississippi
Biloxi Bolts (soon)
Gulfport Stripes
Southaven Soccer Club
Hattiesburg Young Boys

New York
Polonia Sloan

North Carolina

Asheville Flyers (soon)
Winston-Salem Soccer Club (soon)

Nova Scotia
Kentville Forest (soon)
Sporting New Glasgow (soon)
South End Thurdays (soon)
Sydney Steelers
Truro Soccer Club (soon)

Québec
Association de Soccer de Dorval (soon)
Athlétique Club de Magog (soon)
Cartierville 17ers (soon)
Club de Soccer Rivière-des-Prairies (soon)
Jeunesse Sportive de Chicoutimi (soon)
Kirkland Kickers (soon)
Olympique Club de Laval (soon)
Rawdon Soccer Club (soon)
Sporting de Rimouski (soon)
Stade Outremontais (soon)

Ohio
Akron Crusade
Xenia Greens Soccer Club

Ontario
Athletic Don Valley
East York Soccer Club
Etobicoke Soccer Club (soon)
Forest Hill Excelsior
Greater Sudbury Soccer Club
Markham City Soccer Club
Old Toronto Rangers (soon)
Oshawa United
West Rouge Storm Soccer Club

Rhode Island
Cranston Calcio
East Providence Wanderers
Warwick United

Washington
Athletic Club Spokane (soon)
Bellevue Olympic
Newcastle Soccer Club

Wisconsin
Belgica Red River (soon)

1401793756-espn-soccer-league-1.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there's my first try, the Montgomery Stars.
My inspiration totally comes from the flag of the city; with the colors, the stars, and the laurel. Also, the David's Stars look alike comes from the crest of the city.
1819 is the year where Montgomery was incorporated as a municipality.

1392760987-01.png

Another team from Alabama.
Once again, I took my inspiration in the city's flag.
The Lys comes from the fact that Mobile was the first capital of the Nouvelle-France, and the word "Union" is for the surname "The City of Six Flags".
1392760987-02.png

Well done on the Juneau logo. I really like the color and overall feel of it.

Montgomery seems a bit busy. There's so much going on in the crest is seems so busy. There's so many colors, words, it's all just a bit much. Content with Mobile, however, fluer-de-lis' aren't usually represented for Alabama teams.

I was not so sure with Montgomery, but I have really no idea about the way to improves it. Maybe the concept himself's wrong.

What if you just simplified the elements you have. The crest on the flag, which is your inspiration, could be the overall circle around the crest, instead of having it inside the crest. I did something very quick and dirty:

Montgomery_Stars_zpsed0e5424.png

I think you have all the elements there, just too much of it. Prune away and simplify it a bit.

Overall I like your concepts, you just need to do a little trimming. I think what you are doing is great for illustrations/poster work, but not for a crest. Remember, these things have to be sewn on a shirt, so you can't have a ton of details.

pretty good stuff for being "novice". I have seen a lot more people who have plenty of views and material that I just don't find good at all. My first logos were a little rough and the more I made, the better they became - at least to me. What I'm saying is, your first few logos are pretty good, just keep making more when you feel like it and they will only get better!
Interested to see where this series goes.

I was not so sure with Montgomery, but I have really no idea about the way to improves it. Maybe the concept himself's wrong.

What if you just simplified the elements you have. The crest on the flag, which is your inspiration, could be the overall circle around the crest, instead of having it inside the crest. I did something very quick and dirty:

Montgomery_Stars_zpsed0e5424.png

I think you have all the elements there, just too much of it. Prune away and simplify it a bit.

Overall I like your concepts, you just need to do a little trimming. I think what you are doing is great for illustrations/poster work, but not for a crest. Remember, these things have to be sewn on a shirt, so you can't have a ton of details.

Thanks for the advice, yours is way better!

pretty good stuff for being "novice". I have seen a lot more people who have plenty of views and material that I just don't find good at all. My first logos were a little rough and the more I made, the better they became - at least to me. What I'm saying is, your first few logos are pretty good, just keep making more when you feel like it and they will only get better!

Interested to see where this series goes.

Thank you very much, it motivates me to go further with this project.

"The West's Most Western Town".
Well, let's give them the nickname Cowboys.
The actual crest is pretty simple, I think that I will rework it in the future.

1392993757-05-alt.png

Arids is not a common nickname but it pleases me.
Also, I didn't totally respect the town colours, to give a more "desert" look.

1392993497-04.png

And don't forget that you can suggest me teams !

I like Mesa. I'd put a gold border around Scottsdale These are very fitting for minor teams.

Suggestions:
Overland Park, Kansas
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania (something other than Bethlehem Steel)
Schaumburg, Illinois
Spokane, Washington
Savannah, Georgia
Gulf Coast, Mississippi
Panama City, Florida
Asheville, North Carolina
Syracuse, New York

and if you feel like going into Canada, I have a few neighbourhoods in Toronto that could be used:
East York, Rouge Valley, Forest Hill, Etobicoke, Don Valley.
Sudbury, Ontario
Oshawa, Ontario
Markham, Ontario
Newmarket, Ontario
Laval, Quebec
Chicoutimi, Quebec
Rimouski, Quebec
Sydney, Nova Scotia

Lol, there's a good list for you. Do what you want with it :P

I like Mesa. I'd put a gold border around Scottsdale These are very fitting for minor teams.

Suggestions:

Overland Park, Kansas

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania (something other than Bethlehem Steel)

Schaumburg, Illinois

Spokane, Washington

Savannah, Georgia

Gulf Coast, Mississippi

Panama City, Florida

Asheville, North Carolina

Syracuse, New York

and if you feel like going into Canada, I have a few neighbourhoods in Toronto that could be used:

East York, Rouge Valley, Forest Hill, Etobicoke, Don Valley.

Sudbury, Ontario

Oshawa, Ontario

Markham, Ontario

Newmarket, Ontario

Laval, Quebec

Chicoutimi, Quebec

Rimouski, Quebec

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Lol, there's a good list for you. Do what you want with it :P

Is that what you were thinking of ?

1392993498-05.png

Also, there's quite few interesting names in your list, I'll try to do something in a first time with Overland Park, Schaumburg, Spokane, Panama City, Oshawa and some neighbourhoods of Toronto.

Here's Panama City, a proposition made by 1clkgtramg.

At first, I tried to add some blue and gold, but it was bad. So I changed and put some red and red.
Hell yeah.
For the upper part, the city AND the state had a red cross on their flag, so it seemed necessary to me to also affix the saltire.

(At the begining, the name was Panama City United)

1392993497-08.png

Sloan is a village, part of Cheektowaga with a high pourcentage of Polish-Americans.
The "Polonia" add to the name of a sport team is current in Poland, and the crest is inspired by the TS Podbeskidzie Bielsko-Biała.
Also, we found on this concept the White Eagle, part of the Polish's coat of arms and the popular motto Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna (God, Honour, Fatherland).
1392993497-07.png

My only gripe with anyone's Soccer concepts is the use of actual team names. It's ok to have a few like Blackburn Rovers, Wolverhampton Wolves and Queen's Park Rangers, but I like to see Sporting, FC, SC, AC, AFC, United, Union, etc. used more often. I think with Panama City, if it was Panama City FC would be safe. Also, most teams don't put the teams nickname on the crest. Anyway, the logos are pretty unique thus far so keep it up. You seem to be able to spit these out pretty fast so milk it for what its worth! :P

My only gripe with anyone's Soccer concepts is the use of actual team names. It's ok to have a few like Blackburn Rovers, Wolverhampton Wolves and Queen's Park Rangers, but I like to see Sporting, FC, SC, AC, AFC, United, Union, etc. used more often. I think with Panama City, if it was Panama City FC would be safe. Also, most teams don't put the teams nickname on the crest. Anyway, the logos are pretty unique thus far so keep it up. You seem to be able to spit these out pretty fast so milk it for what its worth! :P

Ha ha, I'm from Europe, I know that, I just tried to pick up "american names", but I understand your point and will take it into account for the future concept.

Although, the next one is East York SC, I'll finish it and post it as soon as i can.

Akron-Canton Crusade (Ohio) or Akron Zeppelins

Crusade sounds cool and Zeppelins after the Goodyear Zeppelin=Teams sponsor.

I'll see what can I might do with that!

The first Canadian club of this series, another proposition from 1clkgtramg.

I took inspiration in the letters's different colours, blue and white. I didn't use the red because it seems too much to me.
Of course, we also find the maple leaf, presents on the East York's flag.

1392949946-09.png

I reused the idea of the big T and the sun from Tempe's logo whilst I was adding "hot" colours, similar to the Arizona's flag.
1393007078-06.png

I wanted to mark the Russian affiliation with a club from Alaska. I choose Bayshore-Klatt (simply Klatt, here) and the popular Dynamo as the brand, in a very oldschool shape.
1393007078-10.png

YAAAAY EY!!! Yea they don't use red anyway! It's usually Blue and white with Gold accents, so you are pretty close. The half and half striping could work well to represent the 2 main neighbourhoods that make up East York. The only thing I would add is a green wreath and a sauce boat? thin at the top - I cant remember what it's called!! But its on the high school's logo which would most likely be the founding of a local soccer team.
Eyci_logo.png

As for the names.
The way I see it, its best for American/Canadian teams to take the European style naming as it seems to be a better way to get worldwide recognition and to be taken seriously in my opinion. But I only say this because when making concepts for European Hockey teams, I hate using HC. I prefer to use the American/Canadian way and actually give the team a name since the logo is more important than one for soccer - where the sponsor is more important so to speak.

YAAAAY EY!!! Yea they don't use red anyway! It's usually Blue and white with Gold accents, so you are pretty close. The half and half striping could work well to represent the 2 main neighbourhoods that make up East York. The only thing I would add is a green wreath and a sauce boat? thin at the top - I cant remember what it's called!! But its on the high school's logo which would most likely be the founding of a local soccer team.

Eyci_logo.png

As for the names.

The way I see it, its best for American/Canadian teams to take the European style naming as it seems to be a better way to get worldwide recognition and to be taken seriously in my opinion. But I only say this because when making concepts for European Hockey teams, I hate using HC. I prefer to use the American/Canadian way and actually give the team a name since the logo is more important than one for soccer - where the sponsor is more important so to speak.

I try to find the sauce boat, but my searches were unsuccessful... Do not hesitate to send me a good quality one if you find one. I'm not a good drawer, I can't reproduce something so specific.

However for the moment, I add the laurel, I don't know wich one's better (in fact, I don't know if any of them two is good).

1393015874-east-york-sc-1.png1393015874-east-york-sc-2.png

And you're totally right for the names.

Archived