Streetsville Derbys revisited

Discrim

A few years back, I'd stumbled upon one of those oddball logos that isn't fierce or slick or anything like that, but in its own way, there are at least some folks who'd find it cool. In much the same way I find myself missing UConn's happy not-husky, I'd elected to sing a little bit, figuratively speaking, for the unsung, derby-doffing hound representing an obscure Toronto-area junior hockey team that, at the time, had just recently merged with the rather more blandly named Cobourg Cougars.

A few months ago, I'd decided to revisit it (link to the original for reference). Figuring a shield of some sort would be the way to go, I'd taken a stab at putting some frankly odd ones together, as I didn't exactly wanna be seen ripping off Arsenal or somebody, but I still wanted the dog to be somewhat visible. Among the elements I'd intended to keep were the unique placement of the secondary bowtie logo, but the front got a bit crowded, so I simply incorporated it atop the crest. So here goes the home and away...

derbysmain14.png

the striping pattern from the original set's third jersey, I liked enough to use it on the main set this time. The lack of orange on the dog's derby had been bugging me, so I tweaked it to have an orange band.

And now the third...

derbysthird14.png

Largely similar to the original set's third, only with a different number font, different shoulder patch and Derbys instead of Streetsville. One thing I'm damn sure of though, even nonexistent, the only hockey team in all of North America that could pull off a bowtie.

Working on another obscure Ontario junior team, though one that actually currently exists this time.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

You don't need the "Stop" signs for Jr. A, but consider putting a sponsor patch (just words) on the back to add some authenticity.

Also, I feel the dog gets lost in the badge.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Alright, thanks...I mainly added em as I was unsure, seeing as the team I'm currently working on is Jr. C, and thus DOES require em...that, and the back of a Derbys jersey I saw during an image search had one. Far as the crest, in all honesty, if roundels hadn't been overdone in real life, I would've gone that route.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

A few years ago, when my local Jr. A team (the Alberni Valley Bulldogs) had an outside shot at going to the RBC Cup, I followed the goings-on of the Jr. A playoffs in all 10 or 11 eligible leagues. One of those teams was the Streetsville Derbys. Everything about the team, the colors, the logo, the dog, the top hat convinced me that this was, sartorially speaking, the greatest team in Canada. It was a sad day when they died. You've done them justice.

What if you used the old semi-roundel?

Streetsville3F.JPG

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Archived