GOOD 'n BAD and not too UGLY....'Drifters' Hockey Sweater

sparkychewbarky

Hi guys...

A while ago I bought a trilogy box set of DVDs at a garage sale.

The Sergio Leone movies featured a young Clint Eastwood as a steely-eyed, gun-slingin' drifter, who dishes out his own form of justice.

I quickly became a fan of those 'spaghetti-western' classics: "A Fistful of Dollars", "For a Few Dollars More", and "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"...

I was amazed to find out that this year (2014) is the 50th Anniversary of the making of the first in that series..."A Fistful of Dollars".

With that in mind, I thought I'd create a commemorative hockey sweater to note the occasion, and fire it off to the 'Geeky Jerseys' guys.

First of all, I recreated 'The Man With No Name''s famous poncho...

poncho3.jpg

driftersweater1.jpg

I then created a crest. I thought that a cool name for a team based on the series would be the "Drifters".

In fact, later, Eastwood would attempt to capture the spaghetti-western theme with his own "High Plains Drifter".

drifterlogo.jpg

I tried 2 versions.

I put the crest front and centre as per most hockey sweaters...

driftersweater2.jpg

...And a version with the crest on the shoulders, leaving the front crest-less (a la Vancouver Canucks' old "V" sweater).

driftersweater3.jpg

Before I send this off to the Geeks, I was wondering which one you guys preferred...

Thanks

sparky

I would say with the crest on the front. But they both look pretty cool.

This is just amazing, crest on the front is the best

I agree. I think the front crest looks better.

I liked the "V" shape of the pattern, but I can have that on the sleeves.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm probably in the minority but I like the crest on the sleeves a little bit more than the front crest; both are very good and I suspect the front crest one would be more popular with most people. Then again, I'm in the minority in liking the Vancouver 'V' jerseys. With the single colour yours reminds me more of the 1956 Soviet Olympic jerseys [also used in 2008 Worlds as a retro] than the Canucks jerseys though.

http://www.goironpigs.com/?cat=68

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-championship/vintage-jerseys.html

Green works well, but was wondering if you tried other colours as well as the green to see how they look - maroon or brown?

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Archived