NPBA, Fictional basketball league

xxstormmxx

I visit Vancouver every year and I can tell you that among Canadians the city is more known for it's beaches and marine life than it's mountains, by far. If you're going to name a Vancouver team after it's mountains, whatever you do don't pick AVALANCHE, considering people in Vancouver would never support that idea for a single second. Avalanche is so connected to hockey and the Colorado Avalanche that it makes absolutely no sense for another team to use the name. That's extremely lazy and unimaginative to rip off the name, not to mention sports fans in Vancouver hate the Colorado Avalanche. so why the hell would they have the same nickname for a team?

What does money have to do with Carolina in the first place? I'm pretty sure neither North Carolina nor South Carolina lead the nation in income per capita or anything like that. (In fact NC and SC rank 39th and 43rd in income in the US) so the term "Money" makes absolutely no sense. Not to mention WHY THE HELL WOULD A BASKETBALL TEAM BE NAMED MONEY ANYWAY?

I know you're trying to be creative and unique with these names, but they're terrible, just god damn awful. If you're going to use nouns and no plurals, at least make them interesting and realistic. This is an uninspiring attempt at a fantasy league and it doesn't belong on these forums.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you did for the Carolina Money was search up "green basketball logo" on Google and then put lame font beside it. The uniforms make no sense. There isn't a basketball team in the world that puts both the city/state name and the nickname together, it looks so bad. Why is one uniform totally blue, while the other one is almost all green? This isn't soccer. What does Carolina blue have to do with Money anyway? Can you tell me the origin of the team name? Cause that's absolutely ridiculous.

You could've named the teams, the Raleigh Water Bottles or the Portland SuperSeahawks and the Southwestern Texas Anglo-Saxons, and they'd be better than the crap you just posted.

I still can't get over how bad this thread is.

All you did for the Carolina Money was search up "green basketball logo" on Google and then put lame font beside it. The uniforms make no sense. There isn't a basketball team in the world that puts both the city/state name and the nickname together, it looks so bad. Why is one uniform totally blue, while the other one is almost all green? This isn't soccer. What does Carolina blue have to do with Money anyway? Can you tell me the origin of the team name? Cause that's absolutely ridiculous.

You could've named the teams, the Raleigh Water Bottles or the Portland SuperSeahawks and the Southwestern Texas Anglo-Saxons, and they'd be better than the crap you just posted.

I still can't get over how bad this thread is.

Dude chill out. I don't know what in this thread has caused you to go on an obscene rant on the dude. Chill out, I don't know what has gotten you this mad to begin with.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

This is just a god awful thread.

I've said it before I'll say it again, your names are crap.

1) using a team name from a totally different sport such as "Avalanche" for a city that is division rivals to that team in real life is just a god awful idea to begin with.

That would be like you using the name San Jose Ducks for a basketball team. That just doesn't work, neither does Vancouver Avalanche

2) the rest of your team-names are terrible too. Money? Show? Really? Those are the most unimaginative, lame, stupid, frustratingly idiotic names I have ever seen on these forums.

3) the uniforms... don't get me started. They look terrible, first of all. They don't have any sort of design that even makes sense for a true basketball team to wear. The colors are crap.

Please don't continue.

1: It's not based on Colorado, it's because Vancouver is world famous for skiing and winter sports. There's tons of mountains there.

2: LA Show is because of the performers in LA, like magicians, mimes, circuses, etc.. The story behind Carolina Money was becase the logo was supposed to be a lot different, using money in the logo, but was changed.

3: Vancouver was a problem, I admit, but it's because I was trying to use Canada's color but still use the team's grey and black color scheme. The Money uniforms were supposed to use carolina blue and also use green since they're the Money...

Whether or not I agree with the tone Dayne used, his points are valid. Your team names are really quite horrible, and no amount of justification can help them or those jerseys.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I'm sorry for seeming like I'm going on a rant or that I'm using an obscene tone, but I don't feel like this guy who made this thread was serious about any of this. I'd like to see some thought put into these types of things before people waste their time to click through it.. People have been way too kind and over analyzing this guy's terrible concepts and making this thread active without deserving any of it's attention.

There have been many concept pages that are great out there from people with good ideas and creativity that haven't garnered this much attention and critique and help, and frankly some people with mediocre to solid designs have been ridiculed before. This guy deserves the ridicule if he is 100% serious about any of this. Other than that, he's being the dick by wasting people's time on here.

I'm sorry for seeming like I'm going on a rant or that I'm using an obscene tone, but I don't feel like this guy who made this thread was serious about any of this. I'd like to see some thought put into these types of things before people waste their time to click through it.. People have been way too kind and over analyzing this guy's terrible concepts and making this thread active without deserving any of it's attention.

There have been many concept pages that are great out there from people with good ideas and creativity that haven't garnered this much attention and critique and help, and frankly some people with mediocre to solid designs have been ridiculed before. This guy deserves the ridicule if he is 100% serious about any of this. Other than that, he's being the dick by wasting people's time on here.

So constantly posting (also unnecessarily being a ginormous dick while doing so) on a thread that is "wasting people's time" makes it less active, right? I'm not saying that the concepts are good, I'm just saying that if you ignore it, it goes away.

• 7 months later...

I'm about to start a fantasy basketball league and for the league I would like to make jerseys and everything for each team. I am a beginner and have never tried this before and I was wondering if anyone could give me a good app, I can download to help me make my jerseys and logos

Archived