27th ABA expansion in Raleigh?

Fresh from the rumor mill.....

I receieved a letter today from someone in NJ who claimed his company had purchased an ABA franchise for the Raleigh/Durham area. He was looking for sponsors and said the team is going to be named the North Carolina Renegades.

The info isn't anywhere on the ABA site, and I haven't been able to confirm it anywhere else either yet.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I receieved a letter today from someone in NJ who claimed his company had purchased an ABA franchise for the Raleigh/Durham area. He was looking for sponsors and said the team is going to be named the North Carolina Renegades.

The info isn't anywhere on the ABA site, and I haven't been able to confirm it anywhere else either yet.

It isn't anyone I'm affiliated with, I swear!

nav-logo.png

It isn't anyone I'm affiliated with, I swear!

As soon as I opened the letter, I was going to track you down. But then the boss called and I forgot about it until I got home.

I should call the guy tomorrow and get the scoop.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

are there that many good basketball players in the US? (or rest of the world for that matter)

the NBA expansion is weak, the college game has lost it's consistancy with many players leaving so early, and you also have Euro ball, NBA-DL, and now umpteen new ABA franchises. i won't even include the streetball exibitions or the trampoline stuff (slamball?). i think the product is getting very watered down.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Archived