Hockey East Concepts

Bruins4

I've been sitting on these for a while now. Instead of some long, drawn-out process where I post a concept every few days, I decided to just post them all at once. I never completed concepts for Boston University and Northeastern. Notre Dame was not a member of Hockey East when I started this last year.

Maine: I changed the shoulder yokes with striping and added a different font for the numbers. The shamrock patch was worn the season that head coach Shawn Walsh died. Shawn was Maine hockey, so I thought it was only appropriate to carry that out on this concept.

mainefinal.jpg

UNH: I switched out the UNH crest in favor of the wildcat logo. Also added shoulder pictures that represent the state. The one on the left is the Old Man in the Mountain and the other is the state of NH.

unhfinal.jpg

UMass: I always loved the USA jerseys, so that it the template you see here. I made mistake, obviously the "UMass" is not the secondary logo.

umassfinal.jpg

Providence: I went back to a similar style that the Friars used in the 1990's. I used a different logo for both the home and road uniforms and added a darkened nameplate on the home set.

providencefinal.jpg

Merrimack: My alma mater currently uses a mismatched home and road jersey. The home looks like similar to Montreal while the road uses a cursive wordmark on the front and a honey mustard yellow. Gross.

merrimackfinal.jpg

Boston College: This is a modern version of the Eagles 1990's jerseys.

bcfinal.jpg

UMass-Lowell: This was a tough concept. I don't like the logo and the colors so I tried to make the best of it. I know most won't like the piping.

lowellfinal.jpg

Vermont:

vermontfinal.jpg

Sure are a lot of italicized fonts on these.

The UMaine one is the only one I really care about. I don't like the shoulder yokes. Don't like the name or number font. The SW patch is a nice touch and I have a couple sewn on my jerseys. I'd like to see some implementation of the Black Bear head logo. I wish they would put that on as a shoulder patch on the real jerseys.

mainescarf.png

As a UMass Lowell alum, that is the one I care most about, and I love seeing concepts for them on here.

Now my critique:

1) If you're going to have piping, you should contain the wordmark within the piping. As it is right now, the wordmark extends over the top of the piping.

2) I'd use a UMass Lowell wordmark on the away jersey, while keeping "River Hawks" on the home.

3) The school uses Impact for its numberal font. Keep that here. It would keep the look unified with the wordmark.

4) I'd match the waist striping pattern on the socks.

5) Lose the double outline on the NOB. This makes the name hard to read, especially on the home. Only one outline is necessary.

What I do like most compared to what they use now:

1) You unified the shoulder yoke and striping patterns so that they're consistent across home and away. They don't do that now.

2) You don't use that wonky stacked wordmark that they use now.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived