I need photoshop help

future_unis

Layers. Onions have layers. Cakes have layers. Ogres have layers. Photoshop concepts are like onions, they have layers.

In all seriousness, you should start by downloading a good template off of this site for the sport of your choice. Then, you can add numbers, striping using the pen tool or the square tool, and add logos as well. You can either use the paint bucket, pencil, or brush tool to fill in the areas of your concept as well.

Hope that helps.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Layers. Onions have layers. Cakes have layers. Ogres have layers. Photoshop concepts are like onions, they have layers.

In all seriousness, you should start by downloading a good template off of this site for the sport of your choice. Then, you can add numbers, striping using the pen tool or the square tool, and add logos as well. You can either use the paint bucket, pencil, or brush tool to fill in the areas of your concept as well.

Hope that helps.

here can you message me??

One thing I did when learning illustrator was I traced every single NFL logo with the pen tool. This gave me a good study of the line work in each of the logos. From that point I created a series of flags featuring the logos and and elements of the uniform stripes. Still to this day I use a vector program for logo creation. Inkscape is a free vector graphics program and for the most part is almost identical to its pricey counterpart.

Here is the thing though, software shouldn't be blamed for poor designs just like it shouldn't get credit for good designs. You have to study, a lot. I really preach learning the pen tool, path finder tool, using align. If you sit down and trace out say 30 well done logos you will start to "feel" what other designers are doing. If you can reproduce a complex logo like say the Nfl Jaguars or Nhl Detroit Red Wings, place it side by side the real thing and not be able to spot any differences then you are on your way. I'm rambling but try using gimp instead of a Photoshop trial. Go to YouTube, there are thousands of videos of people giving instruction on these different programs. Don't rush things, sit on a concept for a while, make small changes, stare a lot, compare a lot and if it's not stacking up well against say the Blackhawks or Any other great logo then scrap the whole thing and don't feel bad about it. Recognize your weaknesses and improve upon them. You are going go get more from learning to do these things than you will from reading critiques of your work on a message board, I promise.

One thing I did when learning illustrator was I traced every single NFL logo with the pen tool. This gave me a good study of the line work in each of the logos. From that point I created a series of flags featuring the logos and and elements of the uniform stripes. Still to this day I use a vector program for logo creation. Inkscape is a free vector graphics program and for the most part is almost identical to its pricey counterpart.

Here is the thing though, software shouldn't be blamed for poor designs just like it shouldn't get credit for good designs. You have to study, a lot. I really preach learning the pen tool, path finder tool, using align. If you sit down and trace out say 30 well done logos you will start to "feel" what other designers are doing. If you can reproduce a complex logo like say the Nfl Jaguars or Nhl Detroit Red Wings, place it side by side the real thing and not be able to spot any differences then you are on your way. I'm rambling but try using gimp instead of a Photoshop trial. Go to YouTube, there are thousands of videos of people giving instruction on these different programs. Don't rush things, sit on a concept for a while, make small changes, stare a lot, compare a lot and if it's not stacking up well against say the Blackhawks or Any other great logo then scrap the whole thing and don't feel bad about it. Recognize your weaknesses and improve upon them. You are going go get more from learning to do these things than you will from reading critiques of your work on a message board, I promise.

Exactly. And this goes with what I said yesterday about taking time. Sometimes you should be able to look and see how much time you've spent making a concept or logo. I know it's fun, but no one wants to see a concept that was cranked out in 5 or 10 minutes by doing color overlays and just adding a logo to it. My jersey tutorial template I just uploaded...done right it will take you a good hour or hour and a half to complete, especially for a beginner. And I say it in the video, it might seem long and you might not want to waste that kind of time, but that's the only way you'll find yourself progressing. Don't pressure yourself on trying to get concepts in as often as you can. Don't try to wow us by uploading 40 helmets in a day. Quality over quantity, I can promise you that. We could care less about how many jerseys or helmets you can do. It's how detailed you got with your concepts to make them the best they can be.

Watch tutorials. Especially things that aren't even related with sports. I learned half of the illustrator and Photoshop stuff I didn't know just by searching "Pen Tool" or "Photoshop masking help" on youtube. You will learn yourself and find easier ways of doing things that you are currently doing without even knowing.

please. all i ned to know are the basics

It sounds like I'm trolling but the best answer is to tell you to use this wonderful thing called Google. There are plenty of tutorials out there. You have to decide what you want to know. Google+ "How do I build a box" will get you tutorials for building a box. Same with Photoshop. Google "tutorial photoshop layers" or ""tutorial photoshop beginner" and spend some time reading or watching a video.

Archived