What will the AHL's rinks look like with new rules

Jaybird

The increased line size increases the amount of space of the zones without increasing the size of the ice surfaces (which can not be done in some facilities).

The red line must still be kept to determine icing calls though.

There was a picture of a rink with six foot wide lines in an issue of The Hockey News earlier this year. It looked weird, but can be done. Maybe if they reduced the intensity of the red and blue so the puck can definately be seen, it'd work better. I for one would like to see this happen.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well, this will certainly make things interesting for UMass-Lowell hockey games at the Tsongas Arena, and UNH games at Verizon Wireless Arena. Both these two teams (and their opponents) will have to play modified NCAA rules with the lines and the goal lines moved back.

This should also be different to watch come September. Goal lines moved back, automatic icing, two-line passes, and smaller goalie pads should increase goal scoring. Except for Lowell :(.

It looks like they made the AHL game more like the NCAA. It should speed thngs up.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Why do people think the red line will be gone just because of no two line passing.

You need it for Icing.

The red line will still exist, it will just be ignored when it comes to two-line passes. It will physically be there, prabably dashed, and used only when it comes to icing.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Why do people think the red line will be gone just because of no two line passing.

You need it for Icing.

The red line will still exist, it will just be ignored when it comes to two-line passes. It will physically be there, prabably dashed, and used only when it comes to icing.

I just heard somewhere the red lines WERE going to be gone, they must of changed that.

Archived