Top NHL Rookies for the 2014-15 Season

T-ROY

I agree if there is going to be a breakout goalie, Gibson might be the guy.

Also I'm surprised you didn't add Kerby Rychel to your list since your a CBJ fan. He might be good. Playing with Jenner maybe.

I noticed the saints logo in your banner. I think you will really enjoy a logo concept I made that should be featured on HJC in the future.

I do agree with Gibson, but as a Calder candidate? No. Anaheim has Andersen and they also signed LaBarbera so right now it's hard to tell

As much as I love Columbus' prospects, I find it hard to fit many of the them into the lineup this year. One day guys like Rychel, Dano, Tynan, Quenneville Wennberg, Milano, Dansk, Bjorkstrand, Forsberg, Ambroz, Korpisalo, Anderson, Zaar, Soberg, Moutrey, Reilly, Heatherington will be a big part of the Blue Jackets, but not next year.

The Fighting Saints logo in my sig is actually the logo of an extinct MJHL team that used to play near me and I await the day that I see the concept.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Stone's ready for a third line role based on last season, he could even move up to the second line and produce well there too now that we don't have a bonafide Spezza-centred first line. Hoffman will fit very nicely in the second line if he plays as well as he did last season.

It's not like we're talking about a playoff team here anyway.

And yeah, sorry about Condra for petes sake, but he will have a solid place in the lineup and PK.

I just don't see bouma and colborne being scratched very often. They both had excellent seasons with calgary. I like your 3rd line. Second line is good, but I'm not sure about d jones. I'd switch him with colborne. And backlund had a great season as well, so putting him on the 4th line is something he might not like.

Defence looks good, engellend might get scratched a few times and get replaced with wotherspoon or cundari.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

I'm not saying that Hoffman & Stone will never be on the 2nd-3rd line, just not at the beginning of the year. They will have to work to get there

Like I said, Calgary was hard for me to put together. I don't feel that Bouma & Colborne deserve to be scratched. As much as I don't like McGrattan there at all, they need some physical threat on their team. You could probably switch both them in taking Hanowski's and McGrattan's spots. With Jones, I don't feel like he'll be there, but like with OTT I think they'll [ut him there at the start of the season with Gaudreau taking his spot throughout the year. With Backlund it's hard because he hasn't lived up to any of his projections and I don't think Monahan & Stajan will be dropped unless you move one of them to the wing. Actually...

Glencross - Monahan - Hudler

Stajan - Backlund - Raymond

Gaudreau - Bennett - Colborne

Baertschi - Bouma - Jones

Hanowski - Bollig - MacGrattan

?????????

The Sabres have really filled out their roster with free agents. I don't think this is the year for a lot of rookies to make the jump; I wouldn't even be surprised if Reinhart went back to junior. Then, next year, you'd hopefully have McDavid or Eichel along with Reinhart, Ristolainen, Zadorov, McCabe, Armia, Lemieux, Deslauriers, Fasching, Grigorenko, etc.

The Sabres have really filled out their roster with free agents. I don't think this is the year for a lot of rookies to make the jump; I wouldn't even be surprised if Reinhart went back to junior. Then, next year, you'd hopefully have McDavid or Eichel along with Reinhart, Ristolainen, Zadorov, McCabe, Armia, Lemieux, Deslauriers, Fasching, Grigorenko, etc.

Don't expect Buffalo to poop the bed this year. I guarantee it

Stone's ready for a third line role based on last season, he could even move up to the second line and produce well there too now that we don't have a bonafide Spezza-centred first line. Hoffman will fit very nicely in the second line if he plays as well as he did last season.

It's not like we're talking about a playoff team here anyway.

And yeah, sorry about Condra for petes sake, but he will have a solid place in the lineup and PK.

Stone seems like a top-6 or bust kind of player. His skating has not impressed me enough to think that he's a fit for bottom 6. I think a 3rd line with Hoffman, Legwand, and Chiasson could be very effective. Condra is a perfect fourth liner. He has no flash to his game but is a very reliable defender/penalty killer, essentially the new Chris Kelly. With the additions the Sens made this summer I don't know if there is a spot available for Lazar, which I don't mind. I'd be happy to see him light it up for Canada at the World Juniors.

I'm actually worried that they did too good of a job improving the team in the offseason. I see them finishing around 12th in the conference, I would absolutely take another season like last one, though.

Edit: Winnipeg's the one tanking this year. Look at what they've done and haven't done this summer.

I'm actually worried that they did too good of a job improving the team in the offseason. I see them finishing around 12th in the conference, I would absolutely take another season like last one, though.

Edit: Winnipeg's the one tanking this year. Look at what they've done and haven't done this summer.

Couldn't agree with you more on this one. Being from Winnipeg, I know how much people will be pissed. Here's how I have them:

Kane - Little - Wheeler

Ladd - Perreault - Frolik

Ehlers - Scheifele - Galiardi

Tangradi - Slater - Thorburn

Halischuk - O'Dell - Peluso

Enstrom - Byfuglien

Trouba - Bogosian

Clitsome - Stuart

Pardy - Morrissey

Pavelec

Hutchinson

Hellebuyck

You could probably flip Perreault and Scheifele depending on how they do this season. Byfuglien could potentially move to forward, sending Ehlers back down to juniors (adding him to the list). Don't even get me started on Kane. So many people here in Winnipeg hate the guy, but he's their best player.

Ive said this in the past, mostly on Twitter, but I'd like to see the Jets ice a line of Kane-Scheifele-Byfuglien in an effort to recreate the Mighty Ducks' Oreo line.

Byfuglien is a forward now, apparently. Scheifele is your second line centre. Ehlers is getting a 9 game trial then going back to Halifax to bulk up. No idea why they resigned Halischuk other than Chevy got :censored:-up drunk on Lime-a-ritas.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Ive said this in the past, mostly on Twitter, but I'd like to see the Jets ice a line of Kane-Scheifele-Byfuglien in an effort to recreate the Mighty Ducks' Oreo line.

Byfuglien is a forward now, apparently. Scheifele is your second line centre. Ehlers is getting a 9 game trial then going back to Halifax to bulk up. No idea why they resigned Halischuk other than Chevy got :censored:-up drunk on Lime-a-ritas.

I don';t feel there is any need for that line if it's not gonna produce. I know that Byfuglien is starting to become a forward again, but my personal opinion would be to keep him on defence. Frolik did too well to be put on the third line. That's what I was thinking with Scheifele, but considering how well Perreault p[layed in the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if he made the 2nd line center spot. Hopefully Ehlers will be bulked up enough from the off-season but who knows at this point. Completely agree with Halischuk, such a dumb move

Archived