Darth Brooks

New Riddell Speedflex template

57 posts in this topic

The 3/4 perspective from the right side is spot on. This is going to make a huge improvement to my Steelers concept. I'll post it on my thread soon. Thanks again Darth for the awesome templates.

Darth, do you think you can do the same thing with the side view? The right side view?

You mean to reverse the image? Maybe, that might be a good idea.

I have one suggestion BTW. The way your center stripes are, they look like they end in the middle of the back. Unless that's on purpose you might want to continue them down to the bottom like so.

Q7Ldu3h.png

1 person likes this

hate to be a thorn in your side, but is it possible for a back view? Thanks and great work here.

I have one suggestion BTW. The way your center stripes are, they look like they end in the middle of the back. Unless that's on purpose you might want to continue them down to the bottom like so.

Q7Ldu3h.png

Yes, reverse it. Would be sweet if you could.

As far as the stripes, I know, I suck at those. Not sure how to make that work with Photoshop Elements. I'll play around with it to see if I can get mine to come out the same way you do. The way I so my stripes is not the proper way I'm sure but I'm just not sure of another way to do them.

All I did was to select the helmet color layer mask and right click "add layer mask to selection" once that's done just shrink the size of the mask by a few pixels and/or fill as needed.

I need to look and see if there's a back view (or flip side) to work off of. EDIT: there is a back image - I have no idea when I'm going to get to it but I could do something. This helmet is going to have a 360 view before it's done. EDIT Two: I'm not doing the underside, no way.

Q7Ldu3h.png

Yes, reverse it. Would be sweet if you could.

As far as the stripes, I know, I suck at those. Not sure how to make that work with Photoshop Elements. I'll play around with it to see if I can get mine to come out the same way you do. The way I so my stripes is not the proper way I'm sure but I'm just not sure of another way to do them.

I've added a second stripe set and attached it that way. Puppet warp may help as well but I'm still a novice.

My team over Dart's Template.

I've just added some shining and a Softbox reflex.

Thanks a lot Dart!!!

My%20Rams%20over%20darth%20brooks%20Temp

Not sure if this thread is still active, as I don't see any posts in a year.  If it's still active...Darth, is there an updated version of your incredible template out there?  I see a version on a concept site that looks exactly like yours,(see below) only reversed and with a visor.  Thanks man...incredible template.  My favorite so far!

Helmet Concepts 1.jpg

I haven't updated the template although it's easy enough to add a visor. I've been busy rebuilding NFL letterheads, although I've been working on a new helmet.

I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to concepts. So I was wondering how do you add stripes to the helmet that look good. I'm using photoshop elements 15.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 1:45 PM, weemunk said:

Requested.

michigan_riddell_speedflex_side.png

Hi, How did you make the winged stripes?  Can you please share the stripe file or help me find where I can learn how to do that? Thank you