New Indoor Soccer League

leopard88

On 4/18/2016 at 9:35 AM, leopard88 said:

According to the prior reports, the Blast are supposedly out of the MASL officially at this point.  However, I haven't seen any news on this since the season ended (albeit barely two days ago).

Yes , The Baltimore Blast are officially out of the MASL , The League has Accepted ED Hales Resignation . They have removed the Blast logo and all links to the Blast Website .

This is the new IPL Logo.  

5KH0JsBr.png

On 4/18/2016 at 0:26 PM, Viola73 said:

So where do we stand right now as far as indoor soccer in the US goes? Will we have two major leagues? Will we have a stronger league because of this break up? What about the PFL? Will the futsal league get off the ground and if it does will it draw players from the indoor leagues? 

Right now we will have 2 Leagues , Only a few teams will leave to join the IPL ,  St Louis Ambush , Harrisburg Heat getting a new owner  , Syracuse Silver Knights.. New teams will be Florida Tropics will be owned by andrew haines.

( Buffalo , Rochester, Providence ) are a big question mark , Soccer Sam Is going to be the league commissioner.   A Press conference is scheduled for  Tuesday May 12th at 10am in Lakeland Florida to announce the Tropics and The IPL ,  A 2nd Press Conference will be held in Baltimore around the 15th to Officially announce the IPL and announce more teams. 

floridatropics.png

13 minutes ago, Lewis Melcher said:

Right now we will have 2 Leagues , Only a few teams will leave to join the IPL ,  St Louis Ambush , Harrisburg Heat getting a new owner  , Syracuse Silver Knights.. New teams will be Florida Tropics will be owned by andrew haines.

That is not a good sign.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, rams80 said:

That is not a good sign.

I have to agree with you , I think more teams will follow the IPL model once the MASL realizes it does not have the $300.000 needed to create a franchised system. They had an entire western division this year that played in a rec center drawing under 1,000 fans a game , Now for the 2nd time in as many seasons they will not have a defending champion. They have lost some huge attendance numbers  already Losing rochester 65,393 , Baltimore 62,017 , Monterrey 28,444  Now St Louis 61,106 , Syracuse 30,826 , Harrisburg 29,890. How can the MASL get new teams to join a league when they lost  277,676 Fans in just 2 years  when your total fan base for 2016 was just 480,019 this leave u with 202,343 fans bases over 18 teams this is a Major drop in Attendance in just two seasons. 

How will you ever attract a national sponsor or get a tv deal with these numbers, Not to mention they still have a pending lawsuit for the Seattle Impact sexuial harrasment case that needs to be settled. Dion Earl , Kevin Milliken, MASL, PASL are all being sued. Since they ran the MASL as a DBA and as Single entity company all the teams are responsible to pay out in the lawsuit. Just when you thought it could not get any worse for the MASL , With in the blink of an eye Kevin Milliken was removed as commissioner and the league was ran by Committees in each division. All of this was done and the fans had no clue. .The League's day to day operations is still ran from Kevin Milliken's Basement like it has been since the pasl started. Then Kevin Milliken brought in Harford FC  and then The owner was caught embezzling $700K from the city and the MASL removed them from the schedule ,  You just can't make this stuff up 

At least Haines isn't trying to run the league. I've met the guy a few times during his indoor football attempts. He doesn't seem like he's scamming people. It's just he's way in over his head trying to run a league and doesn't really learn from his mistakes. Then, when it's about to fall apart, he finds a sucker to take over his league.

Running teams, he's had better luck. Hopefully if he can just focus on running one team and not get caught up in the league politics, he can do well. But, buyer beware. I think buying individual tickets the day of the game would be prudent.

15 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

At least Haines isn't trying to run the league. I've met the guy a few times during his indoor football attempts. He doesn't seem like he's scamming people. It's just he's way in over his head trying to run a league and doesn't really learn from his mistakes. Then, when it's about to fall apart, he finds a sucker to take over his league.

Running teams, he's had better luck. Hopefully if he can just focus on running one team and not get caught up in the league politics, he can do well. But, buyer beware. I think buying individual tickets the day of the game would be prudent.

He has no interest in running the league , He makes more money creating teams and selling them fully operational , I talk to him all the time hes a nice guy. I dont have any business dealings with him.  I think hes a smart business man.  

Actual news --

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/soccer/bs-sp-blast-brief-0504-20160503-story.html

http://www.theledger.com/article/20160503/NEWS/160509841

4 teams so far (Baltimore, Harrisburg, St. Louis, Florida).  8-10 expected in total.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 5/4/2016 at 8:31 AM, leopard88 said:

Actual news --

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/soccer/bs-sp-blast-brief-0504-20160503-story.html

http://www.theledger.com/article/20160503/NEWS/160509841

4 teams so far (Baltimore, Harrisburg, St. Louis, Florida).  8-10 expected in total.

From what I can tell you ,  I expect the next teams to be announced Will be Syracuse , Buffalo or Albany  , Toronto.  Then Chicago , Cedar Rapids , Hartford.  Add at least 1 or 2 more teams in Florida , Maybe one in the PA Area  or even Providence RI .  Year 2 you will see Milwaukee and Missouri jump ship because the travel cost will be to high to stay in the MASL    

That's a lot of action in six months.

Hopefully a good portion of this comes to fruition.  In my opinion, they need a minimum of six teams in Year One to make a reasonable go of it, with more to add in Year Two.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

On 4/30/2016 at 9:45 PM, Sykotyk said:

Agreed on buying the day of.  I'm hoping Haines sells the Ambush to local investors because I don't see him owning two teams ending well for either one of them.  A MMA promotion does free fights several times a year at the Family Arena (Ambush's home) and they recently bought an indoor football team.  Rumor is they might buy Ambush too but nothing confirmed.  

It was pretty funny last season seeing Haines standing next to the bench wearing a jersey.  I thought he was going to sub himself into the game a few times! 

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2016 at 6:04 PM, DaytonBlue said:

Agreed on buying the day of.  I'm hoping Haines sells the Ambush to local investors because I don't see him owning two teams ending well for either one of them.  A MMA promotion does free fights several times a year at the Family Arena (Ambush's home) and they recently bought an indoor football team.  Rumor is they might buy Ambush too but nothing confirmed.  

It was pretty funny last season seeing Haines standing next to the bench wearing a jersey.  I thought he was going to sub himself into the game a few times! 

He does have someone interested in the Ambush. I dont think it will come to light this year since he would want them to play in the IPL , I am hearing that the people intrested wants to keep them in the MASL.

• 3 months later...

Bringing this back from Page 5 (I think).

The IPL is dead.  Long live the MASL.

Short version -- Baltimore, Harrisburg, St. Louis and Florida are (re)joining the MASL after (1) the IPL failed to attract new teams and (2) the MASL agreed to structural changes (including abandoning the single entity structure).

Blast announces return to MASL for 2016-17 season 

Archived