Broadcast Soccer League (Redux)

BlackBolt3

BSLPre.png

This summer, I have been looking back at some of my previous concept work on this site, and this idea has been the one that has sat on my mind like a rock. I truly loved this concept, but it was far too ambitious for me to tackle. This time around, with more experience, is going to be much smaller , i.e. 8-14 kits, instead of the planned 30-ish from four years ago. For those unfamiliar to the Broadcast Soccer League, there isn't much of a lesson, just soccer kits for American TV channels. If you wish to see the original (unfinished) concepts, click here.

For now, let's start out with the

LEAGUE NUMERALS:

BSLNumerals.png

Nothing too fancy, just a clean font that matches the rest of the league branding. Its called Primetime, which is a pretty apt name, don't you think?

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

NBC:

BSLNBCPre_2.png

The first team on the docket. The home kit I've dubbed the "Peacock Wave", with one of the feathers from the logo the base of the pattern. The clash kit is just a simple red with a rainbow center stripe.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I like the gradient on the home kit. However, I would make the stripe bigger down the center and really emphasize the rainbow aspect. Good job overall. Can I ask what channels you are making kits for?

2 hours ago, ~Bear said:

I like the gradient on the home kit. However, I would make the stripe bigger down the center and really emphasize the rainbow aspect. Good job overall. Can I ask what channels you are making kits for?

I tried to incorporate the rainbow into the whole jersey, but anything larger than that looks incredibly tacky. I'll do the the Big 4 (NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS) but after that, its gonna be a free-for-all.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

This is a pretty neat idea first off. The logo is fantastic as you made the ball part of the radio tower. NBC is very good but I do echo what others have said about making the stripe larger, maybe even 5-15 pixels, as it looks very small at the moment. Nonetheless these are some great kits and I'm excited to see what else you come up with. 

Thanks for all the comments and critique. On to the next team.

ABC:

BSLABCPre_2.png

Very simplistic look here. Carried over the asymmetrical sleeve stripe idea from the previous concept, pinstripes on the home, and a monochrome black and yellow kit, resembling the channel's increases of the color scheme in recent years in their identity.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an awesome idea! It rivals the Corporate (American) Football League from several years back. The only thing I have to say is that you might consider toning down your background circles just a tad, though. They're a bit distracting as is. 

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey y'all, with school and stuff starting up I had to put this on the backburner for a little bit. But I hope this makes up for it:

NICK:

BSLNickPre.png

This is most definitely my favorite set of this series. The home kit is based off of the facade of Nickelodeon Studios from the 90s', and the clash kit gives each player that much desired "just got slimed" look.

Honestly I don't know who I will do next. I'm leaning towards TBS but I'll see what comes to me.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived