West Virginia Mountaineers football concept

oldschoolvikings

Really like it, but the one tiny element that could take these up a notch is adding the third color to the thin middle stripe.. The color balance on the white set is beautiful, and with the double-stripe pattern having only the thin stripe separating them, adding a touch of white to the other two would go a long way imo without actually changing the design.. I certainly understand the reason for not including it, but it could be done and I think it'd look pretty sharp

8 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Really like it, but the one tiny element that could take these up a notch is adding the third color to the thin middle stripe.. The color balance on the white set is beautiful, and with the double-stripe pattern having only the thin stripe separating them, adding a touch of white to the other two would go a long way imo without actually changing the design.. I certainly understand the reason for not including it, but it could be done and I think it'd look pretty sharp

Yeah, I could definitely see adding white. I gave it a lot of thought on the gold elements, but I do like WVU's home as all navy/gold so I just carried that over to the gold jerseys and pants.

Maybe I'll give it a try...

2 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

THANK YOU 

I have always thought that West Virginia had some of the worst NCAA uniforms not to mention that font 

IMG_8803.JPG

Yeah, that font is something...

8665362045_6258571f6e_o.jpg

It's pretty much a nightmare on the field, but after looking at it a while, I don't hate it quite as bad as I did at first.

It really goes wrong in mostly two places... that bad 3 and that worse 5. The 5 was obviously created by flipping the 2, which works with most fonts but here is a mess.  And the 3 is just hopeless.

Here's a quick n dirty revamp I made by building a new 3 based on the 8, and a new 5 based off the 6.  Much much better IMO.

wvagn_zpssaltxubi.png

To be honest I've always thought that WVU doesn't really have a strong football identity, so they should do a retro/classic re-invention and keep their uniforms simple and to the point. That being said, I would be very happy if they just said this for uniforms:

- Blue Helmet, one helmet and only one

- Home Jersey (Blue)

- Away Jersey (White)

- Pants (Blue, Yellow, and White)

- No alts, no fancy stuff, just basic and to the point

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

4 hours ago, Bowski said:

To be honest I've always thought that WVU doesn't really have a strong football identity, so they should do a retro/classic re-invention and keep their uniforms simple and to the point. That being said, I would be very happy if they just said this for uniforms:

- Blue Helmet, one helmet and only one

- Home Jersey (Blue)

- Away Jersey (White)

- Pants (Blue, Yellow, and White)

- No alts, no fancy stuff, just basic and to the point

Simple is always my go to.  Back in the 80's WVU had a very SC Trojan look...

74d3b68d9a099e91df4cd4a7b993a981.jpg

Major-Harris18.jpg

Swap out the navy for cardinal and it's pretty much the same uniform.

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Simple is always my go to.  Back in the 80's WVU had a very SC Trojan look...

74d3b68d9a099e91df4cd4a7b993a981.jpg

Major-Harris18.jpg

Swap out the navy for cardinal and it's pretty much the same uniform.

When you lookat BC and see the Philadelphia Stars you realize how many USFL teams borrowed college jerseys! At least two, possibly three or more.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived