KINGCHANCELLOR

American Collegiate Football Association: A Fictional College Football League

Recommended Posts

 

20 hours ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

CLEVELAND UNIVERSITY (Cleveland, OH): No Sacrifice, No Victory. These were the last words of Coach Paulie Allen in 1964 when he suffered a heart attack in the National Championship game. Coach Allen was carted off the field and the Miners rallied behind the apparent death of their beloved coach. Coach Allen lived and Miners won their only National Championship in school history. The '64 game has really defined Cleveland in a way. They've always been underdogs who rise up when the time is needed. That hasn't been apparent in the last couple of years but with a shiny new Top 10 recruiting class in 2017, maybe the miners will have something celebrate at the end of the new year.

 

HnYYADJ.jpg

Just a nitpick, but can you make your own logo as opposed to taking a piece of the Nugget's alternate logo? It's just pretty lazy

Image result for denver nuggets logo png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll second what PaperThin said. This is a personal series, take time and use your own logos it’ll come out much better and we want to see what you can do.

 

On topic of CU, I think a pickaxe logo in an oval would be a much better helmet logo than CU. Try your skills at making a swinging pickaxe logo possibly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixes: Cleveland

  • NEW Logo
  • Changed home numbers to white, away to black
  • Changed Home jersey to Black

sycW5mt.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love what you did in your Cleveland update.  I hate saying it...but now the sleeve for the home jersey is yellow. :P

 

I still like this series, but I have one major complaint: the color balance is bad.  What I mean by this is that out of the three schools you've created so far, all have at least three colors.  However, of the twelve jerseys you've made, only three (GRSU powder blue, Jasper home and yellow alt) have more than two colors.  For the GRSU jersey, the only yellow is on the stripes.  It looks lazy.  I would suggest more jerseys like the original Cleveland home jersey and a team without yellow in its color scheme.  All three teams so far have used yellow.

 

Also, what does Cleveland have to do with mines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I love what you did in your Cleveland update.  I hate saying it...but now the sleeve for the home jersey is yellow. :P

 

I still like this series, but I have one major complaint: the color balance is bad.  What I mean by this is that out of the three schools you've created so far, all have at least three colors.  However, of the twelve jerseys you've made, only three (GRSU powder blue, Jasper home and yellow alt) have more than two colors.  For the GRSU jersey, the only yellow is on the stripes.  It looks lazy.  I would suggest more jerseys like the original Cleveland home jersey and a team without yellow in its color scheme.  All three teams so far have used yellow.

 

Also, what does Cleveland have to do with mines?

First, the color balance is something I noticed after Cleveland and so I've gone and color mapped each team so there's more variety other than yellow and some other color. Second, the jerseys, that's just lazy, no excuses. Lastly, as a kid, I read about the salt mines in Cleveland and Fairport Harbor, which is 30 miles from Cleveland and the Miners name just stuck with me haha. Thanks for the feedback, I definitely need it to make this series better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleveland update looks good, helmet logos are a little too off center however, I'd fix that up. Also the template your using doesn't look that good in all black, maybe find a new one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

First, the color balance is something I noticed after Cleveland and so I've gone and color mapped each team so there's more variety other than yellow and some other color. Second, the jerseys, that's just lazy, no excuses. Lastly, as a kid, I read about the salt mines in Cleveland and Fairport Harbor, which is 30 miles from Cleveland and the Miners name just stuck with me haha. Thanks for the feedback, I definitely need it to make this series better

Thanks for taking my feedback into consideration.  I still love this series, and anything you do to improve it would be welcome.  Glad to have some clarity on the Miners name, I had been wondering about that :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St. Paul University (St. Paul, MN) - When you ask a St. Paul fan what they think of the Huskies, the only response is 'meh'. Yep, the St. Paul Huskies are the true neutral of ACFA Football. One year they're at the top the conference, the next, they're fighting with Appleton College to not stay in the last place. While last season the Huskies finished last in the rankings, they finished first in diversity. See St. Paul is made up of about 35% Somalia exchange students, the largest number of Somalia students in the league, and a lot of them play for the Huskies football team. That's why is 2013, the athletics department unveiled the Somalian Heritage jersey, to support unity and togetherness with St. Paul and the residents of Little Mogadishu in Minneapolis. The pants say Kursiga u Tag, meaning "GO Huskies" in Somalian. Editor Note: Shoutout to @JCRGraphix for his NCAA Super Series!

 

 

UBd7T7c.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool.  This is a great improvement.  My big problem is:  why have none of the pants had stripes on them?  No, I don't count wordmarks (that's a whole different kettle of fish).

 

Also, McCoy is my last name! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a thought:  I'm from Ft. Smith, Arkansas.  Our local university, U of Arkansas-Fort Smith, plays Division 2 sports, but no football.  If you didn't already have the teams lined up, I'd ask for a UAFS concept.  Here's our logo:

image.png.73e8fc4182e3984aa1dd78c3ccbd0c2f.png

Our colors are navy blue and white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I love the colors but I wish there was pant stripes. What font did you use for the St. Paul wordmark?

The font is HTTrattoriaW01- Regular

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After long hiatus, I'm back for now. I've been busy with school and lacking the proper motivation to continue, but I'm back! With this, I'm gonna take the proper time to create teams to properly craft this universe to my liking and hopefully to yours. This starts with new logos for conferences that I didn't feel were up to snuff (N6, CAC, NWC, AEC). Enjoy, C&C appreciated!

qk4I7v8.jpg

M3CLg4P.jpg

1Rs2eXO.jpg

cg9nv0S.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D:D:D You don't know how much I've missed this series!

 

The new logos aren't great, but I'm not going to complain very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appleton College a.k.a Appletown (Appleton, WI): If you were to open a dictionary and look up the words incompetence, dumpster fire, sad, or embarrassing...you'd see the logo for Wisconsin's own Appleton College, known affectionately by fans as Appletown. In the 90's the Foxes were a national powerhouse, but now they are a half-dead carcass left in the desert... left to die by the football gods. But why is that? Between 1997-2000 the Foxes were caught in a slew of scandals, including but not limited to bribing recruits with money, alleged in-game cheating, and the even stranger scandal of head coach Tom Fisher using the alias 'Rodney Hazelnut' at bars on campus to hit on undergrad girls...which ruined his marriage and led to his termination as head coach. All these scandals were too hard to ignore and in 2000, the ACFA handed down the death penalty to Appleton, stripping AC of the 1995 and 1996 Natties, and then banning the entire athletics program for two years. The Athletics program was reluctantly brought back in 2005 by the college with great fan fair, but Appleton hasn't been the same since.yp76oJl.jpgXJ3cl1E.jpg

kqP3DLj.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work!  These are excellent.  But why does a team need three pairs of gray pants, especially when three of their jerseys have no gray?

 

Please tell me the other side of the helmet is also a number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Great work!  These are excellent.  But why does a team need three pairs of gray pants, especially when three of their jerseys have no gray?

 

Please tell me the other side of the helmet is also a number.

The grey is just the neutral color I chose instead of black, and yes, there are numbers on both sides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

The grey is just the neutral color I chose instead of black, and yes, there are numbers on both sides

Are you implying that every team should have black or gray? :wacko:

 

Wisconsin looks fine in just red and white.  Why mess it up by adding unnecessary colors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Are you implying that every team should have black or gray? :wacko:

 

Wisconsin looks fine in just red and white.  Why mess it up by adding unnecessary colors?

Haha no, it's just that the template doesn't have layers allowing me to remove the pants...which I should probably fix, but I always intended for Appletown to have the grey alternate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now