American Collegiate Football Association: A Fictional College Football League

KINGCHANCELLOR

I love to design, but the only thing I know how to use is Paint, and I'm horribly newbish at it.  I've actually been working on concepts for something using Paint, but only using existing logos.  I can't help design anything, but I will give feedback.  If you want to keep the current logo font, I'd recommend putting it in a circle, to help spice it up.  Changing the font to something different could go a long way, though.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, KINGCHANCELLOR said:

My friend and I have become quite fond of the Big N6 'logo', but there have been ideas to change it. I know for certain I'm changing the X for Big South. If you want to help me make a new one, I'd love to collaborate :)

I'd definitely like to help you with the design. I'll PM you with my idea.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

GRAND RAPIDS STATE UNIVERSITY (Grand Rapids, MI): The Rivermen are Bluebloods in the ACFA. 22 N6 Conference Championships, over 20 National Championship appearances, and numerous top 10 recruiting classes. Coach Rutherford has been with GRSU since 1990 and winning comes naturally to the state of Michigan. You can't really write much about a team who's never really struggled haha.

JryUWXh.jpg

Nice logo on this one! I just feel like Hawaii should be with California so, maybe, you can find a team to switch from the Northwest conference to the Rocky Mountains one (perhaps a team from Nevada).

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

5 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Nice logo on this one! I just feel like Hawaii should be with California so, maybe, you can find a team to switch from the Northwest conference to the Rocky Mountains one (perhaps a team from Nevada).

I based the Rocky Mountain on the real-life Moutain West when creating teams, so I naturally put a Hawaiin team in the RMC haha

CLEVELAND UNIVERSITY (Cleveland, OH): No Sacrifice, No Victory. These were the last words of Coach Paulie Allen in 1964 when he suffered a heart attack in the National Championship game. Coach Allen was carted off the field and the Miners rallied behind the apparent death of their beloved coach. Coach Allen lived and Miners won their only National Championship in school history. The '64 game has really defined Cleveland in a way. They've always been underdogs who rise up when the time is needed. That hasn't been apparent in the last couple of years but with a shiny new Top 10 recruiting class in 2017, maybe the miners will have something celebrate at the end of the new year.

HnYYADJ.jpg

25 minutes ago, CheeseBurger22 said:

I have a question. Will all teams have the Adidas logo on their uniforms, or will there be some teams with Nike or Under Armour logos on the uniforms?? Cleveland looks great though!

Each conference has a signed deal with either Nike, Adidas, or UA. So it will be different, except for Charlotte State, they're Jordan brand uniforms.

I'm lovin the premise of the series, you're getting creative with teams and their backstories and I have to say it helps build strong identities. Props to you on that.

-On the ACFA logo, try to make the font italic. It might flow better.

-Conference logos: While the names are fine, I'd revamp them all. For example look at real college conference logos (SEC, BIG10, ACC), they look fine (for the most part) on uniforms. I'd try to put some of them in circles or underline them. For the Rocky Mountain conference, I'd definitely keep the font inside the circle.

-Jasper State: I like the identity but try adding more brown to the away jersey. Also the secondary mark makes me think of Pooh Bear, maybe invert the colors.

-Grand Rapids: I'd switch up the font of the GRSU or remove it all together. 

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, NDFreek said:

I'm lovin the premise of the series, you're getting creative with teams and their backstories and I have to say it helps build strong identities. Props to you on that.

-On the ACFA logo, try to make the font italic. It might flow better.

-Conference logos: While the names are fine, I'd revamp them all. For example look at real college conference logos (SEC, BIG10, ACC), they look fine (for the most part) on uniforms. I'd try to put some of them in circles or underline them. For the Rocky Mountain conference, I'd definitely keep the font inside the circle.

-Jasper State: I like the identity but try adding more brown to the away jersey. Also the secondary mark makes me think of Pooh Bear, maybe invert the colors.

-Grand Rapids: I'd switch up the font of the GRSU or remove it all together. 

Thanks for the critique! I really appreciate it. Since today is Monday, I'll use today to address any problems brought up in the thread to make this series better :)

I would prefer the home to be black, and for the yellow and white jerseys to have black numbers.  Also, the differing helmet logos mess with me.  Pick one, preferably the black one.

Also, the sleeve for the black jersey is yellow.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

32 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I would prefer the home to be black, and for the yellow and white jerseys to have black numbers.  Also, the differing helmet logos mess with me.  Pick one, preferably the black one.

Also, the sleeve for the black jersey is yellow.

What's funny is I spent like 10 mins double checking everything to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I still messed up haha

• KINGCHANCELLOR changed the title to American Collegiate Football Association: A Fictional College Football League *Jasper and GRSU fixes*

Archived