Tampa Bay Lightning Tweak

SplashBoogie

I've been messing around in NHL18 working on a custom league to post on the boards and as a break I decided to fix my favorite team (and hopefully future Stanley Cup Champion), the Tampa Bay Lightning. I like blue being the primary color but I'm sick to high heaven of the scrimmage jokes when they play Toronto. So black returns in a fairly prominent way
xICZKVcd.jpg:large
Kc0Px3jX.jpg:large
Xi-aK76j.jpg:large

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

On 3/8/2018 at 10:18 AM, sparky chewbarky said:

I've always liked the black/blue/white/silver for the Lightning. It's too bad they ditched it. These look great.

How would the first one look with mostly blue socks?

DYCOa-CVAAAKfxS.jpg

It may be a personal preference but  I think I like the socks to match the pants. Pulled the striping from the road sleeves.

On 3/8/2018 at 1:59 PM, NoE38 said:

I like this idea, the Lightning really need to add black back into their color scheme. My only complaint is that the NHL 18 jersey editors doesn't allow for much creativity compared to a computer. I'll second the idea for blue socks for the blue jersey.

True but for someone like me who uses low tech stuff for my concepts (Macromedia Fireworks 8. Yes, seriously) it's a way to see it in 3D and on ice against other NHL teams.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

On 3/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, SplashBoogie said:

It may be a personal preference but  I think I like the socks to match the pants. Pulled the striping from the road sleeves.

Socks should almost always match the jersey color. If the pants happen to match then it just works that way... (Some teams, like the Bruins or Ducks, look better with light color socks on a dark jersey)

The blue alt looks better with blue socks, and the white jersey would look much better with white socks. Socks that match the breezers only look amateur, or like the team is suiting up for a practice... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I'm currently doing the same thing on NHL 18, not doing every team but i think 12 at least.

I was mainly editing jerseys for when I start my franchise, but I did think of posting my creations on the forums. I didn't know if it would really be accepted here for some reason, I don't know.

On your post, I do agree with others that the socks should match. EDIT: (should match the jersey)

I look forward to seeing more!

Archived