New Thumbtack Logo

Broken Record

Thumbtack is a website for finding services, kind of like Angie's List. As a freelancer, I have used it from time to time to pick up work in slow times. They have gone from orange to primarily black. Users see the word mark much more often than the graphic icon.

Nothing particularly wrong with either version, but I'm calling it a downgrade. Seems much less recognizable.

11rb2nq.png

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

So, they turned the tack into a... railway spike?

Yeah, I can understand and appreciate wanting to turn the thumbtack into the letter T, but it really doesn't work out here. I'm sure they could find a better way to merge the letter and the definitive thumbtack shape.

This was reviewed on Brand New a few months ago. The previous orange version is actually a pushpin, not a thumbtack. The current version solves this discrepancy, and integrates the icon within the wordmark.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

On 7/29/2018 at 1:19 PM, slapshot said:

This was reviewed on Brand New a few months ago. The previous orange version is actually a pushpin, not a thumbtack. The current version solves this discrepancy, and integrates the icon within the wordmark.

That's interesting. I'm sure that's technically true, but I think when most of us imagine a thumbtack, the visual connection is from the orange logo. Maybe they're trying to educate us on semantics. ?

Archived