What color are these TCU jerseys?

Looks sort of lavender to me.  I think the lighting/photo quality just makes the ones on the left look a little bluish.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Here is another picture.  Definitely looks more lavender in this one.

dfd6d77d7a7726d74d406bbb3230c9ef.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

One more.  Looks like a paler lavender, but still more purple than blue.

s-l300.jpg

One last post.  Wiki says it's a pale shade of lilac.

During this period the exact shade of TCU purple varied wildly depending on the uniforms worn, though a royal purple was most common. In 1971 the school hired Jim Pittman as its head coach. Pittman had been an assistant at the University of Texas when the Longhorns had changed their color from orange to burnt orange, and wanted to do something similar at TCU. Pittman chose to introduce a very pale shade of lilac into the TCU uniforms, and the team quickly became known as the "Lavender Hill Mob." These uniforms are often regarded as the worst in TCU's history. TCU returned to a royal purple in 1974 following Pittman's premature and tragic death on the sidelines.

Off topic --

I never knew Texas wore a shade of orange other than burnt orange, but Wiki says otherwise.

The 1893 team did not always wear orange. They also wore gold and white uniforms. In 1895, the Texas Athletic Association moved to orange and white colors. In 1897, the Association moved to orange and maroon to save cleaning costs. The Cactus Yearbook at the time listed the University colors as either gold or orange and white until the 1899 Cactus declared the University colors to be gold and maroon. Students at the University's medical branch in Galveston (UTMB) were in favor of royal blue. By 1899, a UT fan could have worn any of yellow, orange, white, red, maroon, or even blue.[41]

The Board of Regents held an election in that year to decide the team colors. Students, faculty, staff and alumni were asked to vote. 1,111 votes were cast, with 562 in favor of orange and white. Orange and maroon received 310, royal blue 203, crimson 10, and royal blue and crimson 11. For the next thirty years, Longhorn teams wore bright orange on their uniforms, which faded to yellow by the end of the season. By the 1920s, other teams sometimes called the Longhorn squads "yellow bellies," a term that didn't sit well with the athletic department. In 1928, UT football coach Clyde Littlefield ordered uniforms in a darker shade of orange that wouldn't fade, which would later become known as "burnt orange" or "Texas orange." The dark-orange color was used until the dye became too expensive during the Great Depression, and the uniforms reverted to the bright orange for another two decades, until coach Darrell K Royal revived the burnt-orange color in the early 1960s.

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Somebody help me out here.  Does anybody have a better picture?

80922529.7lJ2yZsJ.TCULavender.jpg   p770106687-4.jpg

Two-tone purple is not a sports uniform look you see every day. It’s almost like a bizzaro world UCLA, with two purples substituted for the two blues, and silver for gold.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

17 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

Two-tone purple is not a sports uniform look you see every day. It’s almost like a bizzaro world UCLA, with two purples substituted for the two blues, and silver for gold.

Kansas State basketball says hello.

Throwbacks.jpg?width=1024&height=576&mod

Yeah, I'm old.  I actually remember watching the first uniforms in action.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:33 PM, jerrylawless3 said:

Periwinkle!

latest?cb=20101125005721

Yeah, I'm old.  I have kids who are old enough to have watched this.

Archived