new corporate logo...

fiasco!

this is for a friend of mine that is starting her own research firm.

she is a librarian, specializing in architecture research.

edifiche.gif

the name is a play on words between 'edifice' and 'microfiche', in case you don't get it.

let me know what you think.

(unless you feel the need to say it looks like WordArt)

• 1 month later...

Is she really going to use that logo?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

(unless you feel the need to say it looks like WordArt)

You know when I posted that I meant no ill will, the logo looked like something that could be made with Word Art with its various features.

I didn't say you used Word Art, it wasn't meant as a shot and I didn't say it looked bad.

Blame Microsoft for making a handy Text Logo editor, don't get upset with me for knowing about it.

---

As for my opinions of the logo, the background is complicating things -- maybe a lower opacity, lighter colour grey back there or a darker colour for the type.

Other than that, it's text with a drop shadow... not much to comment on. It's simple but it should be for it's intended use.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Hey--WordArt is a tool--in some cases it's quite handy, although like any tool it can be overused, or leaned on too heavily...

SO even if it was--I say big deal...

I like the logog--it conveys the name and is memorable...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

with a couple edits, yes.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind seeing the finalized version.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived