Fox's NFL

Fox

For a while, I've only made baseball concepts on these boards. Today, I'm ready for something new. I present to you the first concept of my NFL series. I don't know if I'll be able to go through the entire league but I hope to. If anyone has a link to a source with team number fonts and fonts for player nameplates, that would be greatly appreciated.

I decided to start with the New York Giants. The Giants currents uniforms really irk me because of serious color balance issues. With a few tweaks, the Giants could look great. Nothing radical here. NY is the primary logo, blue jersey is the home set, white with grey pants is the road set, and white with blue pants is a road alternate.

NewYorkGiantsSubmit.png

Hope you like it. Comments and criticisms?

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

And here are the Chargers. No lightning bolt stripe on the sleeves, but the sleeve design is a tribute to the old helmets. Yellow pants are the primary look, powder blue pants are the alternate.

SDChargersConceptSubmit-1.png

Comments?

Ugh. Those Chargers uniforms remind me of our rival high school (Totally different story). White helmets are the way to go for SD, and I would get rid of the all-light blue look; looks more like a 4 year old's pajamas. Maybe try white pants with that. A would also remove the outline from the Giants #'s. Otherwise, its a good start.

PS-Your players are as blind as bats! lol

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The Giants look great. They really need to go that route with their unis.

The Chargers need a bit of work. I prefer the typical bolt stripe on the sleeves, and the bolt on the pants looks odd. I'm also not feeling the powder blue pants or helmet.

Can't wait to see more!

Unpopular opinion alert: I hate the color pewter, and pretty much everything about the Buccaneers current uniforms other than the primary logo. Most people are against this idea, but I went creamsicle with the current pirate logo and I think it looks really nice. Orange is the primary home, red is the alternate. I wasn't sure whether I should make the primary road set the one with white pants or orange pants. Which one do you guys prefer?

TBBucsConceptSubmit.png

C&C please!

Final concept of the day, Detroit Lions. I just wanted to clean up the Lions current look. I acutally don't mind the use of black, I think it makes the blue and silver pop. The sleeve stripe was so big that there wasn't really room for TV numbers, so I left them off. IMO if there's no room for them, it looks better to leave them off than to squeeze in TV numbers in an inadequate amount of space. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep around the black alternate. I don't think the Lions need a black jersey but I think it looks pretty cool and I like to give teams at least one alternate look.

LionsSubmit.png

C&C please

Giants: Love it!

Chargers: The idea is there, but the execution of the pants stripe isn't right. I suggest using the stripe style (or something close to it) from this set.

Bucs: Once again, love it. Go with the orange road pants. I would, however, flip the helmet logo to what it is now. That gives it more motion IMO.

Lions: This one's good too. The black alt looks really cool, but it's sort of unneccessary. It could go either way I guess.

spacer.png

Love Tampa.

The issue with the Chargers pants stripe is that it does not look enough like a bolt to be a bolt but it does look enough like one that people will think that's what you're going for (and poorly). Either needs to be a bolt or more ordinary stripes

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Next up is the Dolphins. Their new uniforms are an upgrade over the previous set, but still leave a lot to be desired, especially with the lack of orange. I tried to use a sun-burst pattern on the sleeves, but it was tough to execute on the orange jersey. Aqua is the primary home, orange is the home alternate, all-white is the primary road, and white with aqua pants is the road alternate.

Also, I've decided that I'll do updates after every 8 concepts.

MIADolphinsConceptSubmit.png

C&C?

I love everything except for the orange jersey. The inside of the sun on the sleeves really should be white like the other two jerseys. I actually think you should consider dropping the jersey, because the teal sun against the orange jersey looks pretty bad IMO.

As for the Lions and the TV number issue, you should just put them on the shoulders, like they have now. I think its your template, but I guess there's not a whole lot of room for that.

spacer.png

Final concept of the day, Detroit Lions. I just wanted to clean up the Lions current look. I acutally don't mind the use of black, I think it makes the blue and silver pop. The sleeve stripe was so big that there wasn't really room for TV numbers, so I left them off. IMO if there's no room for them, it looks better to leave them off than to squeeze in TV numbers in an inadequate amount of space. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep around the black alternate. I don't think the Lions need a black jersey but I think it looks pretty cool and I like to give teams at least one alternate look.

LionsSubmit.png

C&C please

Just a personal preference myself here... I'd prefer a smaller stripe on the sleeve regardless of whether there are numbers or not. I just think the stripe is too big.

As for alternate, the Lions haven't used the black alternate for a while now and most of my fellow fans that I interact with aren't big fans of it. There was talk of having a grey alternate at one point:

detroit_lions_jersey_silver_alternate_charles_rogers_thumb.jpg

But I don't know if this was actually used in a game or not. I don't think it was.

Most Lions fan would gravitate towards the "throwback" look as an alternate. Typically this get rave reviews and even calls from some to make this the primary uniform:

lions2_display_image.jpg

LionsSubmit.png

C&C please

I know I am in minority, but black looks good here.

Championship%20Banners.jpg.png

Archived