NCAA Outdoor Classic (The Game) OSU vs. MICH - NIKE JERSEYS?

MrWonka

Today they have just announced an Outdoor game for the NCAA season. Because of this very short notice event, almost everything was unveiled at the conference. The only things remaining are the team jerseys. Tickets are now on sale, so before January 11th, quickly get your chance to go to Ohio Stadium and see a rivalry on ice.

(This is for a contest on HJC, NCAA goes outdoors. The goal is to make a jersey for two teams for an outdoor game. You can make a logo, but it's not needed. I took the opportunity to basically build and design the whole game.)

(Start of Press Conference)

We are here today to announce another big event for the NCAA and Division I hockey. We proudly present the 2014 NCAA Outdoor Classic. (Banner behind drops to present logo)

9dfe2486f9fb8acd46924c785d5f1865.png

As you can tell probably by the location and the name of the game, we would also like to announce the two teams competing on January 11th. The Buckeyes of Ohio State, and the Wolverines of Michigan. We hope to have a highly anticipated game, showing a lot of heart by both teams, and the never ending support of the fans of the sport of the universities.

-*A couple hours after the announcement, merchandise was delivered to stores, and placed online.*-

A couple of clothing items added with the games patch on it.

Knitted Winter Hats

15837e1d99154d7a2d1f6c83e6ceec49.png

Game T-Shirts

a01016ae63ce963df16f0131a1a5bf6f.png

Team Hoodies (Not the Logo's for the game)

684d5260bb09803a03bf8e9048a871e2.png

Thank you for your ticket purchase!

*Please wait 5-7 business days for your ticket to be delivered*

To be continued....

After a couple of days the logo's for both teams was unveiled..and..you received your ticket!!!!

Your ticket!!! Nice view...

5d9e3b31d2db5f0cde769a3281813221.png

Ohio States Logo:

1ccd36c99c50920bc7733b367ab7dacd.png

Michigan's Logo:

fd330635652c6fd8f31c451349afca41.png

Team Merchandise:

d751053d32738924de5205696b5e7037.png

It's almost game time...get ready for the jersey releases!!!

That Michigan logo is pretty sweet.

Thanks, I mixed their old football alternate 'M' logo with the striping found on that jersey to make a fauxback looking logo. For the Buckeyes it's a tweaked and simpler version of their fauxback hockey jersey they wore....and I guess a fauxback in general of their actual logo.

The word "outdoor" is incredibly hard to read. If you're going to use a script type like that, it should look like it was written by hand. People don't write things in all cursive caps; it just looks awkward. The script can be very effective; it just needs to look more natural: it needs lowercase letters.

At best, it currently looks like "OUTDOOB," but the way the U, T, and D go together looks weird too.

Everything else is solid.

The word "outdoor" is incredibly hard to read. If you're going to use a script type like that, it should look like it was written by hand. People don't write things in all cursive caps; it just looks awkward. The script can be very effective; it just needs to look more natural: it needs lowercase letters.

At best, it currently looks like "OUTDOOB," but the way the U, T, and D go together looks weird too.

Everything else is solid.

yea that treatment of OUTDOOR is downright awful and careless. also, the THE GAME needs sharp stroking, as the rounded stroking for sharp text looks quite amateur.

nice work on the faux-retro logos.

everything else needs work tho.

Changed the font in Outdoor. Also I have no talent or understanding of Illustrator at all, so doing that stroke for me I believe can't happen in photoshop right? As far as my knowledge goes I can't do that. Unless someone would like to teach me. This is one of the downsides of only knowing PS, I can't make stunning logos.

UPDATE: I will not be changing the merchandise that has already been posted, mostly because you guys should get the idea of what's going on, even with the Logo change.

Instead of unveiling both jerseys on the same day, NCAA has decided to unveil them on different dates (probably for more publicity). It was rumored that Michigan's jerseys would be revealed first with a teaser instagram picture that featured blue and gold.

Later that day. The jerseys were accidentally leaked on the NCAA/Reebok online shop. This is the view that people got.

bc2b6ec62bc6dc9d939c3838aa4eaf3c.png

Later that day, Michigan tweeted out a picture showing the jersey flat out.

4c6662b7e6c9d5e5fdd1dc295c036c3e.png

Ohio St. made a statement saying that their release would only be a day away. but told everyone that they would unveil their jersey much better, and not the terrible accidental leak that the team up north did. Tehe...

Well..that was a rollercoaster ride haha. Any thoughts on the Michigan jersey? I kind of figure it might be liked because of it's similarity to past designs they've used. Once I'm done making OSU's jersey on my new template I'll post them, hopefully giving them a different presentation for fun.

Alrighty, nothin? Onto OSU's reveal!

(Set the scene, day after Michigan's unveiling which went bad with a accidental leak)

On Instagram earlier today, the day in which OSU should unveil their jersey, It's believed that this is a portion of the jersey to be worn for the Outdoor Classic.

Instagram Photo:

f712ccbb4be152f693ada6a10b258757.png

The unveiling was to be set at 5:00 pm EST, and everyone was waiting for the jersey to be shown on Instagram. At 5:01 OSU uploaded a video to YouTube...this was that video

http://youtu.be/ISd9RzJiZog

CLICK LINK TO SEE THE JERSEY RELEASE VIDEO!

(I spent like 2 minutes making this video, it's all in good fun, don't take it seriously)

Not too long after, the Buckeyes finally uploaded the jersey to their shops and gave a view of the jersey flat out, like Michigan did the day before.

96666b0177722ccef89bd40d59443808.png

619d18137c19b45dd0c908b0bc5a4627.png

Love the Michigan jersey, the logo is still a bit jarring, but it makes sense, it's different, and it's a one-off, so that's not a big deal.

On Ohio State, I wish everything were thicker. You had the thick lines for Michigan, and it's outdoors, far from the stands, so you need thick lines. Thick lines feel old-tyme, thick lines are more visible. That includes the outline on the O logo. It's good...but I think thickening things up would make it great.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived