Drexel Football

sc49erfan15

I've been wanting to make a Drexel concept for a while, but never could get my hands on the logos. Got more swift at acquiring said logos...and hiyo, concept. :D

DrexelFootball1.png

-I realize they're pretty simple. Looking over Drexel's other uniforms...they all seemed to be pretty traditional, no flashiness or stripe patterns I could base anything on.

-One thing I didn't see a lot of was red. They are the Dragons, and there's a little red in the primary logo...so I included red as the outline of the DU on the sleeves and as a small stripe on the pants. Think of it like the Seahawks' neon green...except less annoying.

-The helmet logo is meant to be just a tad oversized, so there's no helmet stripes. Sort of like the Titans.

That's about it...I'll leave the rest up to you guys. Fire (da-dun-tss :D ) some C&C at me! Thanks in advance.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

nice concept. i like the simplicity.

have one problem and one personal issue. problem is the use of red. it just seems out of place because the only spot its used is on the sleeve logo. i would just get rid of it because i don't think its needed.

the personal issue, i'd like to see the tertiary logo on the helmet instead of the secondary. i don't know why, but i think it would look better that way...

Another beaut, Shane. I assumed DU would get done everntually.

Overall, very good work. You were right to minimize the red. Though it seems logical to add red what with the nickname Dragons and all, the school colors were always blue and gold, while the current identity package is only a few years old. As such, the red rarely appears anywhere (women's lacrosse uses it more than most of their teams, outlining their numbers).

I like their logos, but their wordmarks are piss-poor. The "DU" one is just hideous. So when I saw it on the sleeves, I recoiled. But that's not your fault; that was the hand you were dealt. I would put it only in a trashcan and made sure it didn't appear anywhere, but that's me. The men's lacrosse team uses just the "D", with slight vertical compression, on their helmets. Looks better than the "DU", but not by much.

One thing I thought of that you may be able to try is with the numbers. Drexel's most visible team is the men's basketball team, and they redesigned their uniforms with a unique font for school name and player numbers (even they don't use that awful wordmark on their jerseys). If you could find it and recreate it, it would be a decent tie-in to the hoops team. Red outline on the numbers may be doable as well, but that would be potentially triple-outline numbers, which reeks of overkill.

Still, really well done. Again.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think a different font would work wonders for this design (think LA Angels font to tie the numbers in with the rest of the identity somewhat), but I really like where you're going with this one. Good choice of blue for the helmets, it plays off the logo very well.

QPR%20Sig.png

:woot::notworthy::notworthy: Thank for finally doing a football concept for my school. I'm not the only one who hopes we can get a football team here.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

:woot: notworthy: :notworthy: Thank for finally doing a football concept for my school. I'm not the only one who hopes we can get a football team here.

Yeah, they can play out on 34th and Market, dodging SEPTA busses and lunch trucks. :D

Seriously, I like the direction, as was mentioned. A different font set for the numbers and letters would make this really stand out. But good job nonetheless.

philly.png

Thank for finally doing a football concept for my school. I'm not the only one who hopes we can get a football team here.

Yeah, they can play out on 34th and Market, dodging SEPTA busses and lunch trucks. :D

Seriously, I like the direction, as was mentioned. A different font set for the numbers and letters would make this really stand out. But good job nonetheless.

haha that made me laugh :grin:

to the OP, i like this a lot - those home unis would look sharp, nicely done

worldchampsll1.png

Thank for finally doing a football concept for my school. I'm not the only one who hopes we can get a football team here.

haha that made me laugh :grin:

to the OP, i like this a lot - those home unis would look sharp, nicely done

That was funny :D .

But why can't we play at Franklin field?

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• 4 weeks later...

Only major issue with this seemed to be the numbers, so...

DrexelFootball2.png

Bam. C&C is once again appreciated.

Yeah, you're right these numbers are somewhat better than the original ones.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

Archived