St. Louis United

AHcreative

I had originaly heard that the MLS may expand to St. Louis in a couple of years from my buddies at school, and just recently a concept for the team had been done by a new member of these boards. I wanted to show that member (thebigeh) my suggestions for his concept, so I decided to create my own.

I only have the home version tonight because I've been working on this for a while and I'm very tired. I promise to start on an away version when I get home from school tomorrow.

St_Louis_United_Home_vectorized.png

C&C please. I appreciate it.

The colors are nice, and I like what the green stripes are hinting at, but they need to be cleaned up a lot. I'd like to see the green continue up the grey piping up to the neck, and a different font on the Saint Louis. Right now it looks like something for the Saints, and needs something different(although the actual team will likely have a sponsor's name on the front).

I'd skip the wordmark on the front altogether and just go with a sponsor. The days of having the wordmark on the front are almost over in MLS, especially for an expansion team most likely. I don't understand why you threw that Adidas logo on the back. Maybe you could go with a small version of the St Louis script just below the collar like some teams have now (i.e. Revolution, Earthquakes, Fire (I think)). I also think the stripes on the pants are too jagged looking and that the stripes on the back look really out of place.

As a huge MLS fan, let me offer a suggestion.

Since it appears highly likely that Seattle will be going with green and blue, you and Saint Louis Soccer United might want to change colors to something more unique to the league. For instance, the Dynamo's look was widely applauded because of the use of orange, especially since most of the league was filled with blue and red teams at that time. Since then, Colorado has switched to a league-unique Claret and Blue color palette. And now it appears Seattle is poised to fill the MLS's green team vacancy. So essentially, if Saint Louis seeks to continue the unique identity trend of late, dont think green....

My suggestion....Purple as your main color. Seriously.

Purple is a color of Royalty, and Saint Louis Soccer United, like most concepts, appears to go with a french royal theme. I'm thinking Purple with red, and gold (and maybe black) as accent colors. Those colors together just seem perfect for a royal theme.

Good luck in your expansion race with Philly and "The Son's of Ben."

NYCdog.png

Do you have a 'close up' of the patch/crest?

Nice concept - St Louis deserves a MLS team.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Got it - Thanks Ramsfan !!!

For those of you who would like to see the logo:

Great looking logo!!! 10/10

SLSU.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Nice, ramsfan1223. Is it possible if you could change tops around, like replace the shirt from the blue road kit and insert the white one from the home kit? Just to see what it would look like.

Much appreciated.

Like this?

StLouisUnitedHome1-1.png

StLouisUnitedAway1.png

And in response to NYCdog, St. Louis has already decided on these colors, we even have a blue and green colored logo that looks very nice. I am just doing a concept based on what St. Louis has already provided me with.

Since it appears highly likely that Seattle will be going with green and blue, you and Saint Louis Soccer United might want to change colors to something more unique to the league. For instance, the Dynamo's look was widely applauded because of the use of orange, especially since most of the league was filled with blue and red teams at that time. Since then, Colorado has switched to a league-unique Claret and Blue color palette. And now it appears Seattle is poised to fill the MLS's green team vacancy. So essentially, if Saint Louis seeks to continue the unique identity trend of late, dont think green....

Purple is a color of Royalty, and Saint Louis Soccer United, like most concepts, appears to go with a french royal theme. I'm thinking Purple with red, and gold (and maybe black) as accent colors. Those colors together just seem perfect for a royal theme.

That logo is so good, I think they have no choice but to stick with blue & green. Besides there is plenty of room for others (Seattle?)...just look at the Premier League and how many of the teams have a shade of red as their primary color.

I agree. Gotta try and go with a color that is not utilized a lot in the MLS. Purple would be good.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived