v4.1 soccer club sigs

Viper

For the next few weeks I plan on doing one sig set a week, alternating between soccer clubs and (in a different thread, starting next week) NCAA college sports. I'll start things off in England with the Premier League. Note that these sigs use the England FA logo instead of the Premier League lion. This is so the sigs don't become obsolete if/when a team gets demoted. I will, of course, do the same for any other English club sigs I make in the future.

In case you're wondering, I only use "(A)FC" in my sigs if I can fit it into the side panel without having to shrink the text.

engarsenalef8.pngengastonvillatt3.pngengblackburnzi7.pngengboltonon7.pngengchelseasc6.png

CCSLC signature.png

You spelled "Villains" wrong on the Aston Villa image.

nope, he didn't

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Villa_F.C.

Actually, he did, but so did Mr T. It's spelled "Villans." So all of you, getcha facts straight! :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Of all the sigs to have come and gone through this place I like yours the best. Not too big and non-sport specific. I like it. I'll be sporting the Kansas City Wizards one when it comes up.

Thank you. I'm glad you like these; small and interchangeable/stackable is exactly what I've been going for with my v3.x and now v4.1 templates.

Where's the Thunder version and why isn't it already in your sig? ;)

Mainly because I've never had occasion to go to a Thunder game, and have seen them on TV a grand total of once (on Fox Soccer Channel, a 1-1 draw at Montreal a couple of weeks ago). I actually had planned to go to the Thunder-Atlanta game back in June and was all set to buy tickets, but no one else I know in "real" life was interested in coming along or didn't already have other plans for that evening.

That said, I do plan on making a Thunder sig later on in this series. Like I said, the next set will be MLS, but then the one after that will basically be v4.1 updates of every other club sig I did with my v3.x template, and then some more "new" ones like the Thunder.

Just out of curiosity, why are you using the England national team crest and not the Barclays Premier League logo (or even just the lion) in the corner there?

As I mentioned in my original post, this is to prevent the sigs from becoming obsolete when a team gets promoted/relegated. I will be doing this for any sigs I make for clubs farther down the pyramid, for the same reason. Ditto for other countries. The only exceptions will be MLS and any USL clubs (such as the Thunder), since we generally don't do promotion/relegation here in North America.

CCSLC signature.png

• 3 weeks later...
excellent, just perfect. can't wait for those mlb teams!

I'm afraid those won't be for awhile yet. I still have a ton of soccer sigs to redo with the v4.1 template, and even more college sigs. Next week I'm back on the college thread with the SEC schools.

Edit/update: Now it's on to the "grab bag" portion of this set. From here on out I'll do about 10 sigs every other week on this thread until I've upgraded all my existing soccer club sigs (plus any requests). And no Mockba, I haven't forgotten about doing a Thunder sig (how could I?); I just want to get some of these old sig upgrades out of the way first.

I'll start with upgrades of the five non-Premier League English sigs I did with my old template. (Actually some of them were in the Premier League at that time, but have since been relegated.)

engbirminghamcityuf8.pngengbristolcitysf0.pngengderbycountyuq3.pngengoxfordutdwp6.pngengreadinggm5.png

CCSLC signature.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, I'm waaay behind my intended schedule for remaking all my v3.x sigs in the v4.1 format, so I will try to get them all in this weekend. I have about 20 or so left to go, and here's the first two sets of five:

ausmelbournewu1.pngitamilanom8.pngitaintervw6.pngmexguadalajaraaz8.pngmexpachucauf2.png

CCSLC signature.png

Archived