USMNT & Germany concepts

aawagner011

UNITED STATES:

While I continue to mull over what my next move will be for my college football concepts, I had an idea for a USMNT kit design. The primary idea was the red away kit and I decided to add a home design to complete the full kit.

The home is just a rehash of 1950. The away design uses the enlarged crest as the dividing point between a vertical flag stripe. Both feature the centennial crest which is tied for my absolute favorite US design with the 1950 crest. I like simplicity.

This was just a quick idea. Let me know what you think. Still slowly getting back into the concept game.

2egh7bs.png

e0hiqx.png

30xjvb8.png

GERMANY:

After completing the US designs, I was still in the mood for soccer so I have the 2014 World Cup champions. If you'll recall, Adidas was very quick to put out a special kit for Spain after they became champions, so this is my idea for a celebratory design. It takes inspiration from various German kits of the past. The stripe is heavy on red, like their winning shirt. It features an asymmetrical pattern similar to another of their titles, 1990. Black shorts make a return and there are fading black and yellow pinstripes on opposite sides of the red band. Germany has worn a few shirts with the flag motif in a pinstripe pattern. The number nests into the asymmetrical cut out of the stripe.

wguhbq.jpg

Stripe Detail:

vrez60.png

I like the USA away shirt but I'm not sold on the home kit. It might be because the sash has been taken on too many times. I'd also say come up with a better crest for the away. It's a modern look but the centennial badge doesn't fit as well as the current or a different crest would. For Germany I'd use old gold instead of the golden rod you have, only because it's the first kit after winning number 4.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived