Improving the Texas football jersey-Letters up

rtrich11

This may be a bit of a "so-what" concept, but I wanted to address the latest trend of football jerseys. Since so many are placing a collar logo, then a word mark, the numbers have moved from the chest to the belly. I think some teams could make adjustments to do this better.

Numbers on the chest example:

Drken67b.jpg

The Longhorns easily could use a less tall name font and have it printed up higher. There's nothing stopping them from printing a little on the horrid flywire collar.

It's not a night-and-day improvement, but helps.

Longhorns-updated-richards.jpg

It's a good tweak, although your font choice might be a little too bold. I mean literally BOLD, in the sense of the letters not like a radical design choice. I think from a distance, your letters will be harder to read.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The main issue is the collar. You made need to lengthen the word mark. Of course getting rid of it all together might improve the overall look.

The collar is definitely a huge problem. If they are going to insist on keeping it that ridiculously wide they could actually consider getting rid of the word mark. Having the Longhorn and TEXAS is a little redundant.

My personal choice would be to use a different template, lose the Longhorn and use a shorter TEXAS.

Archived