AAA Baseball Concept

eddie010

Very nice, but the logo looks exactly the same. Is it??

I always liked the change from the old cartoonish gray lynx as far as the logo, but their uniforms were (are) disappointing.

What do the backs look like?? I hope there are surnames. I've always been pissed that my Herd was the only IL team with names on all their sweaters (including batting practice).

BTW, Baltimore is a terrible parent club to have. Get rid of them as soon as you can. Just look how it helped the Red Wings when they nixed the O's and picked up the Twins.

If not, you'll have to enjoy the look from the bottom of the North for quite some time.

Very nice, but the logo looks exactly the same. Is it??

I always liked the change from the old cartoonish gray lynx as far as the logo, but their uniforms were (are) disappointing.

What do the backs look like?? I hope there are surnames. I've always been pissed that my Herd was the only IL team with names on all their sweaters (including batting practice).

BTW, Baltimore is a terrible parent club to have. Get rid of them as soon as you can. Just look how it helped the Red Wings when they nixed the O's and picked up the Twins.

If not, you'll have to enjoy the look from the bottom of the North for quite some time.

Hey, stop bagging on my Orioles!!! :)

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Oh, and the Lynx are one of these annoying teams that uses one kind of Red for their logo and in their uniforms, but a slightly different one for their caps. Makes me insane:

Logo, Uniform:

OTTAWA LYNX RED

Road Caps, BP Visors:

OTTAWA LYNX SCARLET RED

Hey, stop bagging on my Orioles!!! :)

The O's are a good team, I just don't like how they manage their farm system.

I see you working there, the Bautista for Grimsley trade simply baffled me, but that's another topic for another thread. My main gripe with the Lynx look has to do with the eyes in the logo. They just seem strange to me. If it was just the paw, I'd like it a gazillion times more. Also, I seem to remember them using the script portion of the logo for their batting helmets the last time they played the Bisons on Empire. Am I imagining things, or am I right?

Hey, alright, some replies! B)

Stampman: Thank you!

Sabrejeff: The logos are the same just thought I'd spice up the boring unis. I agreee, the cartoonish Lynx sucked. There are surnames at the back, as should be the case in every sport, on every jersey. :cursing: I'm just steering clear of the Orioles argument, but let's just say, the season will be ending soon for the next couple of years.

PANTONE: Thank you very much for adding the extra logos and uni. I had never even seen the BP logo! As for the two shades of red, I fixed that up in my concept, as everything is scarlet.

gbasalmon: The eyes stay on the cap, the paw would look worse, IMHO. As for the script-on-helmet debate...I have no clue. :blink:

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I've never seen those logos before. THey are absolutely wretched. I like the idea of just eyes.....but they just couldn't stop there could they?

YOu've got some naturalistic eyes (obviously traced) and a tacked on Heathcliff paw drawn in a completely different style that undermines all creepiness and seems to say......"Ju see thees ball?? I could scratch you like i scratch thees ball...speaking of thees ball.......why does it smell funny?"

because he's holding the ball in front of his nose you see...........yeah.

Lame, lame LAME. Horrible.

Two reds just compounds my fury.

awful. I hate how teams settle for this puke. They think that minor league charm, is equivalent to collage making in 5th grade art........just paste something here, and something there....la la laaaa. No, the charming minor league looks, the ones that endure are some of the most solid, conceptually, if not executionally.......and they are consistent. WTF??!?

what was this thread about again?

OH RIGHT!! YOur concept. Umm, except that you've been forced to use this ridiculous artwork........I like it very much. Good job.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

It is your personal prerogative as a designer, but they just seem to be floating, which is kind of creepy. Of course, that was probably the feeling that they and you are going for. As for the talent level in Ottawa, all I have to say is wait a year or two - there's some high quality talent in Bowie and lower IMHO (Majewski, Young, Huggins, Loewen, Tripper Johnson, etc.).

Oh, and not to be a thread hijacker, but the Bisons would have one of the best looks in minor league baseball if they'd remove the sliding bison from the front and somehow convert it into a sleeve patch (perhaps just the head?)

I hate to bring up a sore subject, but shouldn't any new Ottawa Lynx concept actually have them playing in a new city, with a new team name? I mean, the team's been on the brink of relocating for at least three seasons.

Well I would have made a different concept, had I lived in Washington, Alberquerque, New Orleans, Charlotte, Nashville or any other baseball-seeking city. Maybe they have been 'on the brink of relocating for at least three seasons', but it still doesn't mean the people in Ottawa would want them to leave. We've won a Championship here; the fanbase may be petit, but it is strong.

The Lynx belong in Ottawa, baby! :flagcanada:

BiB, I respect you, but I just could not let that post go un-defended. :)

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

The Lynx do belong in Ottawa. They average 2,500 per game (last in IL) but have had over 9,000 once this season, so there is a fanbase.

Also, JetForm Park (or Lynx Park, whatever it's called now) is only 11 years old. It would be nice if it was domed, however.

Despite the poor affiliationing, they are always a tough team to play.

Archived