Favorite Super Bowl Uniform Matchups

RockyTopper

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil O'Donnell was actually a top 15 starter during the early-mid 90s. The Steelers would've beaten the Chargers in the 94 AFC Championship and played the 49ers if it wasn't for that defense led by HoF'r Junior Seau.. People forget. Hell, the Chargers' Stan Humphries is a bigger surprise starting QB in a Super Bowl than O'Donnell.

• 5 months later...

Rams-Titans was a good looking Super Bowl and an even more incredible finish to a game.

53cf93453b3fe.preview-620.jpg

Those Rams unis were perfect.

I'm glad Tennessee's going back to those navy jerseys as their primary home look next season. One thing that I never really understood is why the Rams changed those classic uniforms literally the season after they won the Super Bowl in them.

They changed them because the change had already been in the cards. I imagine it was probably the summer of 1999 or maybe even 1998 when the franchise committed to the change. I actually read a newspaper write-up during Super Bowl week (prior to the game itself) that mentioned the Rams would have new unis the following year.

...all that having been said, those were some of the best uniforms of all time (especially the white-over-yellow), and while the newer colors started out looking okay, they've been going progressively downhill since. I'll be very interested to see what changes are in store for 2016, whether or not they move. My special request is that they restore some semblance of a horn pattern to the jersey, even if they have to put on the shoulders since the sleeves are so short nowadays.

Archived