THE INEVITABLE HAS HAPPENED - ECHL UNIFORM ADS

spoz851

First the NBA adopting ads on their jerseys and soon the NHL will adopt ads on jerseys

AHL teams and NBADL teams the minors of their parent leagues are adopting ads and now the ECHL is the other minor league for the NHL is going to adopt ads to other ECHL teams

conspiracy.jpg

Seriously, who cares? ECHL teams have had ads on their sweaters for years and nobody cared one bit.

First the NBA adopting ads on their jerseys and soon the NHL will adopt ads on jerseys

AHL teams and NBADL teams the minors of their parent leagues are adopting ads and now the ECHL is the other minor league for the NHL is going to adopt ads to other ECHL teams

conspiracy.jpg

Seriously, who cares? ECHL teams have had ads on their sweaters for years and nobody cared one bit.

why did you post its a conspiracy meme on your comment? I am still asking for an answer just answer now.

Sportsfan, what is your problem? You speak like a robot, you sometimes don't even use punctuation... I don't know if you are trolling or something but it's very very frustrating for all of us.

I honestly don't see an issue with ads on minor-pro/developmental teams. So far the small patches aren't over bearing and don't take away from the jersey. I do fee however, that the NBA will be the only one of the big 4 to feature sponsors for the next 10 years. Hockey already has a lot more ads on boards and rink than NBA, and NBA has the lowest attendance of the big 4 so they would obviously be the most desperate to have sponsors on the jersey.

If the NHL ever decides to have ads - I dread the day - but I hope it's one or 2 patches on the pants or maybe the helmet. If it ends up looking like the European leagues, I don't know if I'd want to continue to purchase jerseys. I have a feeling that jersey sales will be record lows when that day rolls around.

Archived