NCAA Basketball Court Concepts (All Teams and Conferences DONE)

mgdmhl

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, you don't have to make a new post for every thought you have every 5 min. Just go back and edit your last post if you have another comment, or wait 10 min and get all your thoughts together in one post. It's annoying when you see 3 or 4 comments in a row from the same person within minutes.

On to your comments...

They spell it Hawai'i.

Actually Hawaii is also correct. Hawai'i is generally used more for the Island of Hawai'i (the big island).

Marquette uses a gold MU without the word mark at center court.

I don't care what Marquette uses right now. This is my concept, I can use what ever I want.

The Northern Kentucky Norse will be in the Horizon League as of July 1, 2015, giving the Atlantic Sun Conference only 7 schools and the Horizon League 10 schools. Butler University (Big East) and Loyola University Chicago (Missouri Valley) were replaced with Oakland University (Summit) and Northern Kentucky University (A-Sun). Definitely not an even trade. The Horizon League should add Belmont University from the Ohio Valley Conference and either UMKC, IUPUI, Lipscomb (crosstown rival), IPFW, or Evansville (unlikely) to get to 12 schools.

This isn't a conference realignment thread so stop posting this. I made the Northern Kentucky court before it was announced they're moving to the Horizon League.

Despite what their logo says, it is La Salle University, not LaSalle University.

No one cares.

As of July 1, 2015, Northern Kentucky University will be in the Horizon League (replacing Loyola University Chicago) and the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) will replace them in the Atlantic Sun Conference and will be the sole Northern school in the A-Sun.

Again, this isn't a conference realignment thread so stop posting this. I made the Northern Kentucky court before it was announced they're moving to the Horizon League.

Also all men's teams are the Rainbow Warriors and all women's teams are the Rainbow Wahine.

I don't care what the women's team name is. These aren't women's courts.

Please to the Horizon League (including Northern Kentucky), Summit League, and Southern Conference.

As mentioned in the first post of this thread, I am doing all the conferences and will post them in alphabetical order (A-10 first, WCC last). Obviously you're a Northern Kentucky fan, or you wouldn't be making such a big deal about them. So if you really want to see NKU's court go back to the A-Sun posts and imagine the conference logo is the Horizon League instead of the A-Sun.

Please stop nit-picking things that don't have anything to do with the court concepts. The Hawaii women's team name, whether or not there's a " ' " in Hawaii, whether or not La Salle has a space in it's name, and a paragraph about old conference realignment has nothing to do with the court concepts. If you're going to comment in this thread keep it about the court concepts only.

JeKhnr9.png

Please to the Horizon League (including Northern Kentucky), Summit League, and Southern Conference.

First of all, he is going in alphabetic order so please don't ask for requests. And second of all, these are his own concepts. Don't haggle him telling this is wrong, you need to do this, blah blah blah. Take your thoughts to another page because you are clogging up this page for no fricking reason.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Very clean concepts, fairly straightforward and well-executed.

Couple comments (and before you ask, I agree that certain people should not overly nitpick, and post once instead of three or four times in a 10 minute span)...

1. Hawaii: According to all the athletic logos I've seen, it is more often shown as Hawai'i, with the apostrophe. Not a big deal, just letting you know. Also, since Hawaii's state is unusual, aI can see how it might look like "sweat stains" because of how subtle you introduced it. I'd play up the state shape and make it darker. You can make it more visible while not overshadowing the logo at mid-court.

2. You're working one conference at a time. Many conferences will have their logos displayed at the same spot on its members courts. Sort of how you have the NCAA at mid-court, conferences like the ACC would have its logo just inside the key, America East is between the 3-point line and midcourt. This still allows you to have some creativity, while just a bit more realism. Again, not a deal-breaker, just an observation.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Very clean concepts, fairly straightforward and well-executed.

Couple comments (and before you ask, I agree that certain people should not overly nitpick, and post once instead of three or four times in a 10 minute span)...

1. Hawaii: According to all the athletic logos I've seen, it is more often shown as Hawai'i, with the apostrophe. Not a big deal, just letting you know. Also, since Hawaii's state is unusual, aI can see how it might look like "sweat stains" because of how subtle you introduced it. I'd play up the state shape and make it darker. You can make it more visible while not overshadowing the logo at mid-court.

2. You're working one conference at a time. Many conferences will have their logos displayed at the same spot on its members courts. Sort of how you have the NCAA at mid-court, conferences like the ACC would have its logo just inside the key, America East is between the 3-point line and midcourt. This still allows you to have some creativity, while just a bit more realism. Again, not a deal-breaker, just an observation.

Appreciate the C&C. About the Hawaii "sweat stains", you said make it darker, so would you rather I just make it a darker wood stain color or green? About the conference logo placement, the American East was the only one that I wasn't consistent with the placement. It was mainly just a look thing with that conference (some made the court look to crowded in some places). I try to be consistent with all the other conferences. I believe the only other time when I wasn't consistent was when I used a state flag in the key.

JeKhnr9.png

The American Athletic Conference (The American) puts their conference logo between the lane and the 3 point line.

Have you read the past comments? THESE ARE HIS OWN DESIGNS!! He is not trying to copy the courts design by design. Please just keep the comments to a minimal, and make sure they are not about how the courts look in real life. Thanks.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Appreciate the C&C. About the Hawaii "sweat stains", you said make it darker, so would you rather I just make it a darker wood stain color or green? About the conference logo placement, the American East was the only one that I wasn't consistent with the placement. It was mainly just a look thing with that conference (some made the court look to crowded in some places). I try to be consistent with all the other conferences. I believe the only other time when I wasn't consistent was when I used a state flag in the key.

Darker stain. Green would be too busy, and the center logo would not stand out as much.

I think putting the conference logo inside the 3-point arc would give you the whole key for a creative design pattern, or allow a larger court-wide pattern. Usually in courts like that, the 3-point arc is a solid shade (either lighter or darker), while still allowing that logo to be visible.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The American Athletic Conference (The American) puts their conference logo between the lane and the 3 point line.

No need to point out the obvious, again. Didn't I put the American logo between the lane and 3-point arc? So why are you bringing it up? Anyway, these are my court concepts and I can do whatever I want.

Darker stain. Green would be too busy, and the center logo would not stand out as much.

I think putting the conference logo inside the 3-point arc would give you the whole key for a creative design pattern, or allow a larger court-wide pattern. Usually in courts like that, the 3-point arc is a solid shade (either lighter or darker), while still allowing that logo to be visible.

I'll work on an update with a darker stain in a day or two.

I agree with you on the part in the quote I made bold. Court concepts like UCF, Houston, SMU, and North Florida are some examples of that. For me the general rule is if the conference logo is more of a logo (American, America East) than wordmark/abbreviation then I put it inside the 3-point arc. Otherwise I'll put it in the key/paint.

JeKhnr9.png

Update

Hawaii Rainbow Warriors

Made the state outline stain 30% darker.

cLxON82.png

JeKhnr9.png

C-USA (1st half)

Charlotte 49ers

Pj2E0oN.png

Florida Atlantic Owls

uZPQaTR.png

Florida International Golden Panthers

rRIn9dW.png

Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

Z9XaG9z.png

Marshall Thundering Herd

Oedtup6.png

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders

6j3ZjV4.png

North Texas Mean Green

15acF3o.png

Note

I removed Northern Kentucky from the A-Sun conference on page 3, and replaced them with NJIT. I'll re-post NKU when I post the Horizon League (which will be in about a week).

JeKhnr9.png

Marshall- The letters on the baseline seem too small and/or too spaced out.

Old Dominion- Not too sold on the stained court

UTEP- I really like the idea, but it seems like it may be a bit too much. I like what you're going for, though.

UTSA- Only complain is that I don't really like the four roadrunners. I think having one on each side would work (e.g. bottom right and top left)

All the rest look really nice, though! North Texas might be my favorite of the C-USA.

EDIT: I think Hawai'i looks a lot better now. I think that the state silhouette looks a lot more like the state than sweat-stains, so I wouldn't be worried about that.

Archived