SSmith48

Hey guys-

After a hiatus due to focusing on the end of school and creating plans for the summer, I am back. The inspiration for this thread is 1clkgtramg's Tamaria thread. After looking at it I decided to showcase my country a few years in the making, Acalia. The name was just made up on the fly a few years ago, and it has really been fun to make up histories and leagues for this fictional country. Heck, I haven't even bothered to do a map, and I gave the country a population of 10 billion just so I could make a lot of leagues. On another note, to start this thread off, I want to show off the flag, national crest, and the sports board logo.

FLAG

The flag is designed after a typical European flag and displays the national colors. Purple represents loyalty and the royal family, white represents purity and the judicial branch, and gold represents the wealth and bright future of the country and the senatorial branch. A simplified crest of a black triangle is displayed in the center, which represents the 3 branches of the government working together and the 3 original countries that agreed to form Acalia, which were Acadia (not Acalia), Barbaria, and Lutheria. Black represents the unbreakable bond between the government and Acalia's citizens.

Flag%20of%20Acalia_zpsafht4ux2.png

CREST/COAT OF ARMS

The coat of arms's colors and triangle mean the same thing as in the flag, but in a different setting, and without white, so the meaning of white is also incorporated into the black. The first letters of the 3 original countries that made up Acalia appear in the middle, with the full name of Acalia on top (Semi-Monarchy of Acalia) and the country's motto (forever steadfast) on bottom in Latin (Firmus in Aeternum).

Acalia%20national%20crest_zpsv8j3eaa0.pn

SPORTS BOARD LOGO

The board is the governing board of sports in Acalia. The logo appears in the national sports colors of purple, gold, and white, and has the triangle and the initials of the board in the center of the roundel. A roundel was chosen because of its simplicity and its distinct renown as one of the most common shapes in sports.

Acalian%20Sports%20Board%20Logo_zpss0cjq

Alright. I hope you get pumped for this series, and hopefully the national soccer team will be posted later today. Until then, C&C is welcome, even on the crest and sports board logo.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Nothing yet? Alright, I got the Soccer team done, and I feel that to get this series going, I need to post something more, so here is the national soccer team!

CREST

The crest includes the elements from the national crest, but it includes a simplistic representation of a soccer ball. ANFS stands for Acalian National Federation of Soccer.

ANFS%20LOGO_zpsyzqxfqsf.png

KITS

The 2015 kits throwback to the 1970 World Intercontinental Cup, which will be explained in another future thread. This year was the Royals's first and only win of this cup, because in 1972, the team moved to UEFA. They are simple, but they have never worn anything to drastic a change from these. They also have a tradition of only wearing an A because the first national team did not have a crest other than the A, and so it caught on.

Acalia%20National%20Soccer%20Team%20Unis

Also, the reason why the colors in the crest differentiate from those in the kits is because of the 1950 team, when the colors of the kits were different from their new crest, and again, it became a tradition. Also, I want to give a shoutout to mrnascar for his template. As a paint user, this template is literally the only one I can find. C&C is always welcome and appreciated.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Did you create the country of Acalia?

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived