Uniform Terminology

WavePunter

Forgive my ignorance, but I have found myself wondering from time to time what the name of an element is actually referring to (ex: kachina stripes, braisher stripes, headspoons, etc)

Thought it might be worthwhile to have a thread where people can list terms and type definitions / provide photo examples / etc of the terms. I've figured most things out through the years, but we seem to be attracting newer viewers all the time, and certain elements don't crossover sport-to-sport, so fans of one sport may not know terminology from another sport's uniform elements..

Feel free to edit or delete this if it's not a worthwhile topic, but I'm learning something new all the time on here, and having a centralized "glossary" of sorts could prove useful from time to time.

"Kachina" refers to the design of the Coyotes' first uniforms. The logo was derived from kachina designs from several Native American tribes in the Southwest.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Should probably be put into another category. Not "concepts".

Anyway, I always wondered what the official name was for the area around a player's neck on a football uniform. I've heard collar, neck cuff, neck band, and just neck before, so I'm not sure what the official name is for it.

fiowXOD.png

Archived