Jump to content

Uniform Terminology


Recommended Posts

Forgive my ignorance, but I have found myself wondering from time to time what the name of an element is actually referring to (ex: kachina stripes, braisher stripes, headspoons, etc)

Thought it might be worthwhile to have a thread where people can list terms and type definitions / provide photo examples / etc of the terms. I've figured most things out through the years, but we seem to be attracting newer viewers all the time, and certain elements don't crossover sport-to-sport, so fans of one sport may not know terminology from another sport's uniform elements..

Feel free to edit or delete this if it's not a worthwhile topic, but I'm learning something new all the time on here, and having a centralized "glossary" of sorts could prove useful from time to time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should probably be put into another category. Not "concepts".

Anyway, I always wondered what the official name was for the area around a player's neck on a football uniform. I've heard collar, neck cuff, neck band, and just neck before, so I'm not sure what the official name is for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.