Ethan's MLB 2K19

dodgerdog16

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only thing about the divisions are that both south divisions seem that they have the leftovers. They don't really make any sense geographically. I like that you didn't mix up rivals to different divisions (Ex. Red Sox-Yankees, Phillies-Mets, etc.) but maybe you can some how find a way to make them geographically even if you want. Really great thread you got so far, I'm looking forward to it! :)

Only thing about the divisions are that both south divisions seem that they have the leftovers. They don't really make any sense geographically. I like that you didn't mix up rivals to different divisions (Ex. Red Sox-Yankees, Phillies-Mets, etc.) but maybe you can some how find a way to make them geographically even if you want. Really great thread you got so far, I'm looking forward to it! :)

Yeah when I was making the South divisions, I was concerned about the geography but my main point was to even out the divisions so I had to deal with the leftovers. Who knows, maybe a Rockies-Cardinals rivalry could form in the NL South haha.

Yeah when I was making the South divisions, I was concerned about the geography but my main point was to even out the divisions so I had to deal with the leftovers. Who knows, maybe a Rockies-Cardinals rivalry could form in the NL South haha.
I would move Washington to the south, Pittsburgh to the east, and Colorado to the central. Geographically, it makes a bit more sense.

I would move Washington to the south, Pittsburgh to the east, and Colorado to the central. Geographically, it makes a bit more sense.
That's actually a really good idea I think I might change it to that if its ok with you.

San Francisco Giants

Stadium: AT&T Park (41,915 capacity)

League: National League of Professional Base Ball Clubs

Division: National League West Division

Captain: Angel Pagan

So for the world champions of 2015, I have brought their jerseys and logo set back to the 60's with a modern twist. As much as I hate to say it, the Giants are historically one of the best teams and they are in my Premier Five. I fixed the one thing that bugged me the most and that was the inconsistency of the script fonts. Their primary was simplified and you may notice I removed gold. I still am not so sure about that move but maybe you guys can give suggestions on how it looks. I gave them 3 alternates, the orange, the black, and the SF insignia on the left chest. I also fused their old glove in diamond logo with their new Golden Gate Bridge alternate. Comments and criticism are much appreciated.

San%20Francisco%20Giants%20logo%20set_zpSan%20Francisco%20Giants%20jerseys_zpsfx

San Diego Padres

Stadium: Petco Park (41,164 capacity)

League: National League of Professional Baseball Clubs

Division: National League West Division

Captain: Matt Kemp

For the boys by the border, I decided to take it way back. I see what they've got going on right now and it's not exactly smooth and looks REALLY inconsistent in my opinion. So, I decided to go back to the brown and yellow like everyone else. However, the vintage inaugural scripts of the side look absolutely amazing. I mean if the team had more success earlier in its existence, that lettering could've been a mainstay in the club identity. So I touched them up and I brought the mid-2000's friar back and fused it with the first primary logo and gave them their first 3 striped socks back. And I also put Kemp as the player on the back because literally 2 hours ago he became the first Padre to hit for the cycle! So congrats Kemp! Comments and criticism very much appreciated.

Padres%20logo%20pres_zpsqtrot6u7.png

Padres%20uniform%20pres_zpsoqd6jjdr.png

Vancouver Mounties

Stadium: Nat Bailey Stadium (40,500 capacity)

League: American League of Professional Base Ball Clubs

Division: American League West Division

Captain: Justin Morneau

So here we go with the Mariners new noisy neighbors in the Pacific Northwest and their divisional foes in the Cascadia Series, the Mighty Mounties as they are nicknamed. As I researched and realized they are named for the Canadian national police force, I incorporated a lot of red, white and black in this one. I drew inspiration from the Canadian baseball team and made the logo super traditional (after all they are named for an official force in Canada). I saw their PCL cap logo and i modernized it and saw a V in the M I decided to use, so I fused them! So there you go your first expansion side. Comments and criticism much appreciated as always.

VAN%20LGOS_zpsikqeohny.png

Vancouver%20Mounties%20uniforms_zpskamtc

sorry, I like the idea but their current sd logo is too classic to change. fix it and maybe change the scripts up a little (I am personally a fan of the current script) , then it would be perfect

I think it is too man but I like the idea of traditional and not too modern as you'll see as the concepts develop. But I hear where you're coming from, I'm just trying it out for the sake of keeping the logos and word marks as traditional as possible without going to far back.

Archived