• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

San Jose Athletics

Stadium: Cisco Field (45,700 capacity)

League: American League of Professional Base Ball Clubs

Division: American League West Division

Captain: Josh Reddick

I am alive! Sorry for the long wait high school just started in SoCal so I've been trying to clean a smooth schedule going. But without further ado, the San Jose Athletics!

So my main thing with this team was to make them either the A's or the Athletics, not both. So I chose Athletics and ran with it. I scrapped the A's log and replaced it with a modernized A from the 60's when they were in KC. I also brought back the old all-yellow aways from the KC days as an alternate. The elephant logo was a must to bring back as I wanted to give this team some character. Buts we all know, the current logo looks outdated, there's far too much green, too much detail, and I'm pretty sure elephants aren't green. So I cleaned and simplified up the logo, made the elephant more realistic color-wise, and balanced out the colors between white, green and gold. And that's the new Green Collar baseball. Let me know what you guys think!

As%20logo%20pres_zpsmfcapzak.png

As%20uniform%20pres_zpspxppji8g.png

Anaheim Angels

Stadium: Angel Stadium (45,957 capacity)

Captain: Albert Pujols

In this universe, Arte Moreno finally gets the picture and set the Halos apart by renaming them the Anaheim Angels once again. I really really really liked their 1969 uniforms and the classic Tuscan font. But the most striking part was the halo that crowned the cap. I brought back the excellence of those bad boys and took off the halo from the cap logo. Throughout the whole redesign I incorporated more navy blue to the team and introduced gold. As you may notice, the primary logo is a redesign of an old Angels logo. I have always seen potential in it but was always to lazy to actually make it. Now you see the cleaned up and modernized version with wings as well. Let me know what you guys think!

Angels%20logo%20pres_zpsybic1duu.png

Angels%20uniform%20pres_zpsjebsfa3d.png

San Jose Athletics

I am alive! Sorry for the long wait high school just started in SoCal so I've been trying to clean a smooth schedule going. But without further ado, the San Jose Athletics!

So my main thing with this team was to make them either the A's or the Athletics, not both. So I chose Athletics and ran with it. I scrapped the A's log and replaced it with a modernized A from the 60's when they were in KC. I also brought back the old all-yellow aways from the KC days as an alternate. The elephant logo was a must to bring back as I wanted to give this team some character. Buts we all know, the current logo looks outdated, there's far too much green, too much detail, and I'm pretty sure elephants aren't green. So I cleaned and simplified up the logo, made the elephant more realistic color-wise, and balanced out the colors between white, green and gold. And that's the new Green Collar baseball. Let me know what you guys think!

San%20Jose%20Athletics%20logo%20presentaSan%20Jose%20Athletics%20uniform%20prese

The green needs to be a little lighter, it looks almost black here.

But I lovvvve what you did with the rest of it. Addition by subtraction.

San Jose Athletics

San%20Jose%20Athletics%20logo%20presentaSan%20Jose%20Athletics%20uniform%20prese

The green needs to be a little lighter, it looks almost black here.

But I lovvvve what you did with the rest of it. Addition by subtraction.

Yeah I had the exact same problem on my computer as well, I thought it was just me though haha. I'll fix it right now. Thanks man!

Guest darkpiranha

Solid stuff so far. I was a bit worried after the Giants that it would be just a lot of tweaks noticeable only to hardcore uniform fans, but everything following that has been an interesting major change. I'm especially liking the Angels. However, your curved wordmark is looking a little wonky. Looks like instead of the text being typed on a curve of some kind, you attempted to manually rotate and place the letters. The second half of "Anaheim" has got some weird stuff going on.

You say you want to have the A's as the Athletics and use that as a brand for them, yet there isn't an Athletics script on any of the jerseys. That's my only real complaint. Keep the A on the alternate and use Athletics on the regular home jersey, and I think it's perfect. I also like the shift of focus to yellow/gold from the hunter green.

The halos on the hats/helmets are a unique idea for the Angles that looks really nice.

29uxdh0.png

Both of those teams look great. My only complaint would be with the Angels "A", the center of the A has too thick of a stroke and you can't really see the white. I know you're probably a victim of the font not being designed for a thick outline but it looks a little wonky. Other than that those alternates are awesome as well, especially that vest-style white.

x1elJNM.jpg

Seattle Mariners

Stadium: Safeco Field (47,574 capacity)

Captain: Robinson Cano

So we cap off the AL West with one of the few MLB teams without a World Series title to their name, the Seattle Mariners. I new the Mariners didn't have the consistent lime green/navy Seattle scheme that the Sounders and Seahawks carried out successfully. I almost scrapped everything about their current identity and started fresh. I had an idea for the uniforms but I couldn't get my mind on a good traditional logo. Then I was hit by the Pilots. The Pilots as you guys may or may not know, were Seattle's first MLB side and they had a nautical theme. I used them as inspiration for the entire set. So what do you guys think?

Seattle%20logos%20pres_zpsahlulen4.png

Seattle%20uniforms%20pres_zpsbsccz54b.pn

I'm not a huge fan of the pale green, the yellow and powder blue works much better. The two alternates look great though they don't match the colors or styles of the regulars. Yellow laces on the baseball would help make it match the style of the uniforms as well. But overall its a really good set.

29uxdh0.png

• 4 weeks later...

Chicago Cubs

Stadium: Wrigley Field

League: National League of Professional Base Ball Clubs

Division: National League Central Division

Captain: David Ross

With the Cubbies I decided to keep things simple once again. The only things that were changed were the word mark for Chicago and the away headwear. The word mark always looked weird to me since their "C" was circular, so I fixed that one. And I have always loved the caps with the red brim. Let me know what the word is.

Chicago%20Cubs%20logo%20pres_zpssrm1xxty

Chicago%20Cubs%20uniform%20pres_zpsqj1vy

• 1 month later...

dodgerdog16, this is amazing.

I'm gonna give you my two cents on each post so far as I just recently started looking through the forums.

For the divisions, I like your AL, but, for the NL, I would recommend:

West: LAD, ARI, SF, SD

South: WSH, ATL, MIA, CIN

North: STL, CHC, MIL, COL

East: NYM, PHI, MON, PIT

I think it makes more sense geographically.

Uniforms:

ARI: may I recommend red pinstripes for the white unis? They used pinstripes in their teal/purple unis, and I think it may be the "something missing."

LAD, LAA, CHC: very sharp, no comments

SF: golden gate sleeve logo on each uni instead of just the first?

VAN: leaf on sleeve (like the golden gate logo)?

OAK: elephant on sleeve?; Also, I don't like the number on the white unis. I think it would look better further down (or not at all)

SEA: I also prefer the yellow/blue color design

Again, they are already very impressive and look very nice. Just thought these changes might make them better.

Archived