NCAA College Football Alternate Universe - Bowl Game Edition

Davidellias

This is an idea I've had in my head for a while about an alternative universe where no Division - I school dropped football or moved to a lower division. All Current D-I schools, Plus any D-IAA or D-II school that has had a D-I team in the past will be eligible for this universes NCAA D-I. I also added a handful of D-III programs, that have also had D-I experience. If you want to see a list teams eligible - Click Here for the Google Doc (Apologies for the formatting)

Here are the List of all bowl games in this universe

Las Vegas Bowl (Las Vegas,NV)
Great West vs At Large (Indiana State vs Montana)

New Mexico Bowl
Big West vs At Large (NYU vs CS-Fullerton)

Giant Baltimore Bowl (Baltimore,MD)*
SWAC vs Metro (Southern vs Vermont)

Finger Lakes Bowl (Syracuse,NY)*
MAC vs Ivy (Yale vs Bowling Green)

Silver State Bowl (Reno, NV)*
At Large vs At Large (Loyola Marymount (CA) vs Chicago)

Commenwealth Bowl (Norfolk, VA)*
Southern vs At Large (Samford vs William & Mary)

Bluegrass Bowl (Lexington,KY)*
Ivy vs SWAC (Harvard vs Alcorn State)

Sacremento Bowl (Sacremento,CA)*
At Large vs WAC (Tennessee State vs Texas State)

Austin Cty Bowl (Austin,TX)*
Patriot vs Big 9 (Nebraska vs M.I.T)

Bojangles Bowl (Winston-Salem, NC)*
Metro vs C-USA (Marquette vs George Washington)

Camella Bowl (Mobile, AL)
Sun Belt vs MVC (West Texas A&M vs Appalachin State)

Hawaiian Bowl (Honolulu, HI)
MAC Vs C-USA (Western Michigan vs Old Dominion)

Oahu Bowl (Honilulu, HI)
Wac vs At Large (San Diego State vs Navy)

Bahamas Bowl (Nassau, BAH)
Southern vs Metro (Richmond, vs New Hampshire)

Idaho Potato Bowl (Boise, ID)
Big West vs Great West (Fresno State vs Denver)

St Petersburg Bowl (St Petersburg, FL)
WAC vs CUSA (BYU vs East Carolina)

Pinstipe Bowl (Bronx, NY)
Patriot vs Southern (New Hampshire vs Chattanooga)

New Orleans Bowl (New Orleans, LA)
Southland vs Sun Belt ( McNeese State vs Georgia Southern)

Armed Forces Bowl
B1G vs Mo Valley (Illinois State vs Minnesota)

Motor City Bowl (Detroit, MI)
MAC Vs At Large (UCF vs Northwestern )

Cactus Bowl (Phoenix,AZ)
Pac-10 vs At Large ( Arizona State vs Rutgers )

Military Bowl
At Large vs Big East (South Carolina vs Villanova)

The San Jose Bowl (San Jose,CA)
At Large vs Pac-10 ( Arizona vs La Tech)

Texas Bowl
SWC vs ACC ( Arkansas vs Duke)

Russell Athletic Bowl
Acc vs Big 9 (Missouri vs Maryland)

Belk Bowl
C-USA vs Pac-10 (UCLA vs Cincinatti)

California Bowl
Big West vs MAC (Marshall vs Boise State)

Sun Bowl (El Paso,TX)
SWC vs At Large (Texas vs Mississippi State)

San Jose Bowl (San Jose,CA)
Pac-10 vs SEC (Arizona vs Ole Miss)

Music City Bowl (Nashville,TN)
SEC vs Big 9 (Tennessee vs Kansas State)

Independance Bowl (Shreveport,LA)
WAC vs Southland (Louisiana - Monroe vs Utah)

Alamo Bowl (San Antonio, TX)
SWC vs Big East ( Texas A&M vs Miami, FL)

Outback Bowl (Tampa,FL)
B1G vs Big East (Michigan vs Rutgers)

Liberty Bowl (Memphis,TN)
Big 9 vs Pac-10 (Stanford vs Oklahoma State)

Citrus Bowl (Orlando, FL)
SEC vs B1G (Penn State vs Florida)

Orange Bowl (Miami,FL)
At Large vs At Large ( Louisville vs Notre Dame)

Peach Bowl (Atlanta, GA)
SEC vs SWC (Auburn vs Baylor)

Sugar Bowl (New Orleans,LA)
ACC vs SEC (Clemson vs LSU)

Cotton Bowl (Arlington, TX)
SWC vs At Large (TCU vs Michigan State)

Rose Bowl (Pasadena,CA)
B1G vs Pac-10 (USC vs Ohio State)

Fiesta Bowl (Phoneix, AZ)
Big 9 vs Big East (Virginia Tech vs Oklahoma)

National Championship Game
#1 vs #2 (Alabama vs Oregon)

NOTES:

- Yes there is a true NCG. The Backstory is a bit different though. After a muddled mess in 1995 in which each of the three major polls voted for a different no1 after the final week of football. This lead the NCAA to form a committee with its own poll to determine a real national champion, this poll would be added together with the three other polls and the two highest point getters in the combined poll would play for the national title.

- Ivy League does play a 12 game schedule and is post season eligible.

- According to this site, the SWAC was a D-I conference for one year in the late 70s.

- The Great West, Metro and Patriot League are basically filler conferences. A place to put teams with out a conference affiliation somewhere.

- the Big 8 and Southwestern Conferences are alive and well. Although the Big 8 has an additional member in Drake University, who was a member of the Big 8 predecessor MIAA Conference, thus the conference is now the Big 9.

I know this sn't much, but I hope you enjoy it anyways. Now let's go and get the first couple bowl games goin.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Las Vegas Bowl

This years installment of the Las Vegas Bowl, played in Sam Boyd Stadium, is a fight between the Great West Conference's Montana Grizzlies and an at large bid from the Missouri Valley Conference's Indiana State University. Indiana State's season was marked by two big wins over Purdue and future conference champion West Texas A&M and was marred by two embarrassing losses to MAC mid-packer Ball State and MoVally cellar dweller Detroit Mercy. Overall ISU went 9-3 and was runner up in the Mo Valley East.

Montana got of to a rough start with a close call against eventual 2014 NAIA champ Southern Oregon (37-24), and then two losses against Big West title contender Boise State and WAC contender Utah. After that it was smooth sailing with an 8-1 record and the only hiccup being eventual conference champ Denver. I season ending 34-10 win over rival Montana State secured the runner-up sport for the Great West and the bowl bid, plus knocked Montana State out of a bowl all together.

INDIANA STATE

5VZR2Qn.jpg

(Apologies, I was recently informed that ISU is in fact in Terra Haute, Not Munice sorry)

MONTANA

YS8LB9u.jpg

Indiana State was inspired a lot by the Marshall helmets from the 90s and early 2000s, where as Montana was pretty much an Original piece (although I realized afterwards that it kind of looks like a better Baylor style uniform)

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

New Mexico Bowl

The New Mexico Bowl pits Big West third place finisher Cal State Fullerton, against a 7-5 independent in New York University. CSUF went 8-4 this year with losses to conference powers Fresno State and Boise State, along with Colorado of the Big 9 and Mo Valley mid pack team St Louis U. NYU played a brutal schedule that included Notre Dame, Army, Florida, U of Chicago and a trip to Los Angeles for a game against UCLA, they beat Army and UC and took wins from fellow bowl teams Tennessee State and Bowling Green State. Their last game was a thriller against fellow Independent Maryville College which ended in a 26-23 2OT victory for the Violets.

NYU

ga9FW10.jpg

CSU-Fullerton

8Iq5axW.jpg

When I did NYU I was looking to make something that looked very bare bones. NYU to me is an Academic school, and I wanted to make the uniform look like the school didn't give a lot of attention to the athletic department, also it was pretty hard finding good NYU logos, and I think half the time working on this was spent looking for good logos. I settled on the torch logo for the sides and the NYU font logo for the helmets. I also wanted this to be one of the teams that latched on to the white helmet/facemask trend that's spreading through the newer football schools.

As for the Titans? They're an Adidas school. so I wanted to make it look like another awful Adidas uniform, let's see what Adidas like qualities this uniform has.

a.) Bland uniform with barely anything on it? CHECK!

b.) Giant ugly Hip Logo? CHECK

c.) Complete Disregard for tradition? CHECK! (CSUF had traditionally wore Orange Jerseys)

Only thing missing is the tire treads, and that's only cause the template I am using doesn't have that cut.

Hope you enjoyed, will be updating soon.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

For the NYU helmet logo I'd suggest arching the word mark. Either that or choose a different font. I really like Montana since it's similar to Baylor's current look and the color scheme is much better.

Thanks for the kind words! It's always nice when a forum vet compliments you :)

As for the the "NYU" font. It's actually directly cropped from the Schools "corporate logo", which fit the look I wanted to go for.

nyu_logo_new_york_university.jpg

I would try arching, but even after all these years, I don't know if I can do it properly with out squishing the bottom like photoshop arching tends to do. :/

As for Montana, I don't think I'll ever come up with something so brilliant ever again in my life. :P

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

This is neat, man. I like the Montana jerseys. The one for NYU is nice (I like the fact that you explained that you went with a subdued look because of the school's academic standing).

Cal State Fullerton might be the best because it seems like a bad Adidas jersey... it just needs a creepy looking elephant on one side of the helmet and some nonsensical font for the nameplate and it would perfect.

Giant Baltimore Bowl

Played at M&T Bank Stadium, and sponsored by Giant Supermarkets, the Baltimore bow show cases teams from the SWAC and the Metro Conference. The candidates for this years edition are the Vermont Catamounts and the Southern Jaguars. Though both teams seem miles apart both distance wise and culturally, the teams both had very similar seasons. Vermont started off with a 2-2 with both losses to conference foes Maine and New Hampshire, before finishing the season 7-1 with the only loss a week five contest against the Naval Academy. Souther started off with a win against UL-Monroe in the Clorox Cajun Kickoff classic (A week one game in New Orleans that pits two Lousiana teams.) before dropping three in a row against the like of Florida A&M (21-6), Tennessee State (31-23) and McNeese State (45-20). Southern Proceeded to go 7-1 with a loss to eventual conference champion Alcorn State being the only blemish. A win against rival Grambling sealed the deal and gave them not only a birth in the Baltimore Bowl, but also knocked Grambling from bowl contention.

VERMONT

fObV4WX.jpg

SOUTHERN

iorzCG4.jpg

I for the most part enjoyed how this came out, although I am not sure how the piping on Southern looks. If you guys think its ok, then I'll try it n a couple other teams then *cough Richmond cough* What do you guys think?

Also it should be noted that Southern is a Russell Athletic school, since the template I'm using only has Adidas, UA and Nike templates, I'm moving them over to UA.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Archived